MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #151  

So I stopped by my Massey Dealer and all the 18M's had Rev 1 loaders on them, all 3 of them.

20230531_150233.jpg

Also, not only do the 18E series use tube shaped loader mounts, but so do the 2800 series, so I don't know why it's changed up for the 18M.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #152  
So I stopped by my Massey Dealer and all the 18M's had Rev 1 loaders on them, all 3 of them.

View attachment 803335

Also, not only do the 18E series use tube shaped loader mounts, but so do the 2800 series, so I don't know why it's changed up for the 18M.
The steel looks very rough. Poor quality? China?

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #154  
Those frame assemblies are probably shipped in from China. That older/rusted area at the top is the area with the most load when carrying material with the bucket and hitting some bumps along a traveled area. Looks like it came that way and covered with black paint. Yellow is nice, cracks are easier to see.
Automated production and not enough inspection.
Someone mentioned that the hydraulic relief valves are not used except when the lever is pulled. I haven’t seen the valves on this machine model but all the ones I have worked on in the last 55 years had circuit design with relief valves being in the circuit at all times. Kinda useless otherwise.
All in all that is a defect that they should jump on!!
I've worked on a lot of loader valves that have load checks. A load check is to combat settling but it also effectively isolated the down circuit from the relief. At any rate the material in those towers is so minimal that a cold weld is very possible because the slightest amount of undercutting would certainly be an invitation to failure.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #155  
Yes, but he cuts out a lot and replaces damaged steel with good steel. He is quite an amazing craftsman.
Referring to the uTube channel IC Weld....

He is indeed an amazing craftsman and yes, in most cases the repair involves new steel, gussets, backer plates, etc. It was interesting to find out the large excavators usually had a failure on the boom. Most likely the heavy equipment he repairs have thousands of hours on the clock so breakage is more or less part of the total cost of ownership.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #156  
For those that seem to believe that Kubota never breaks, well, Kubota loader mounts break too.

The OP in that thread also stated:
When I use the backhoe I lay the FEL bucket flat on the ground so that it will slide when I reposition with the hoe.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #157  
The OP in that thread also stated:
Is that suppose to be an issue? Anyways, there is another thread that I couldn't find the other day where someone in Australia also had the same breaking issue and he didn't have a backhoe.

26167199_1586003054828670_8586964170766244631_n.jpg

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #158  
Is that suppose to be an issue? Anyways, there is another thread that I couldn't find the other day where someone in Australia also had the same breaking issue and he didn't have a backhoe.

View attachment 803450
Having a backhoe digging an moving side to side with the bucket on the ground can't be good for the loader arms over time.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #159  
Kubota cautions against lofting the tractor with the BH outriggers and the bucket with the entire tractor off the ground as it puts undue strain on the tractor cases, especially if the BH is a 3 point mount with no subframe. More than one owner is incurred a very expensive repair bill from cracking the cases by doing just that as in the picture. I happen to know someone that did just that to the tune of 10 grand.

Kubota suggests keeping the wheels on the ground at all times and never moving the tractor around with the BH bucket.

/ MF 1835M loader support collapsed on tractor #160  
That's funny. My Kubota backhoe owners manual says to lift tractor off ground and put loader bucket down with pressure.
And that's the way I have done it my whole life with full size backhoes.