MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power

/ MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power
Thanks so much for all the help since my last update. Certainly used the scans and info to get the distributor shaft out. QUITE THE ADVENTURE for me personally. The shaft is now out. I don't see any other damage in the timing gears. Now I just need to find a replacement for the distributor shaft. Part # 737055M1. I have a local tractor shop looking and have a lead on another shop that might be able to help that I will call after the break. Also going to talk to a machinist to see if they could fabricate it, or possibly just fix the gears? Is fixing the gear a good idea?

Checkout the latest video to see the details

Happy Thanksgiving!
Stuart

/ MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power #52  
Good Luck on you quest...

Anything can be made but finding one would be the ticket if possible...

I'm still curious why it failed... could the distributor shaft have been seized/frozen?

/ MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power #53  
Finding a machinist with a gear hobbing machine or having one set up with a dividing head to cut one is probably going to be much more expensive than finding a used part

/ MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power #54  
Thanks so much for all the help since my last update. Certainly used the scans and info to get the distributor shaft out. QUITE THE ADVENTURE for me personally. The shaft is now out. I don't see any other damage in the timing gears. Now I just need to find a replacement for the distributor shaft. Part # 737055M1. I have a local tractor shop looking and have a lead on another shop that might be able to help that I will call after the break. Also going to talk to a machinist to see if they could fabricate it, or possibly just fix the gears? Is fixing the gear a good idea?

Checkout the latest video to see the details

Happy Thanksgiving!
Stuart
Any luck finding the part?

I usually try Wengers out of Meyerstown, PA, or MacFaddens in NY. You can also give Cook Tractor in IL a shot, they have a lot of used parts and might be able to help you find one.

Any luck finding the part?

I usually try Wengers out of Meyerstown, PA, or MacFaddens in NY. You can also give Cook Tractor in IL a shot, they have a lot of used parts and might be able to help you find one.
I have had zero luck so far in finding the part. I spent an entire day reaching out to various shops, but I just reached out to shops you have mentioned, so thank you! Hopefully one of them have come through.

Stuart

Good Luck on you quest...

Anything can be made but finding one would be the ticket if possible...

I'm still curious why it failed... could the distributor shaft have been seized/frozen?
The shaft that comes directly off the distributor broke, I am pretty sure that caused the issue.

Send a note to Farmland Tractor. They may have used parts for your tractor.

Although, they have a barn full of engines that LEAKS. However, you may get stuff that can be rebuilt.

There have to be other companies across the USA that strip old tractors too.

As far as your tractor, at some point there may be a benefit of puling the engine, and at least removing the oil pan. You will want to get all the little pieces of metal out of the engine.
Sent them a message. Fingers crossed!

Check your money supply and look into a ad3.152 Perkins engine
Same stuff, less stuff to fix
Keep fuel fresh run forever
All the bolt holes the same made many change overs for dairymen.
Back when parts were cheap
Plus the diesel parts are everywhere
Good luck
I have looked into this option, but not finding a lot of options on this front either. Do you have source you recommend?

/ MF 135 Perkins Gas 3 Cylinder Backfiring no Power #59  
Let me know if this comes threw
For you is on ebay
I can check a guy I know for the engine
Let me know what kind of $$ you can afford
I can see the ebay listing. That isn't the part I am looking for though. I am looking for the shaft that goes through the governor gear. Part #737055M1