Meaningless statistics

/ Meaningless statistics #1  

RickB

Super Star Member
Tractor
Just a Scag
I happened to notice that TBN is creeping up on a quarter million members. That led to me poking around the members page and I discovered a couple things about my own time here:
In September I will have been participating here for 14 years. I was among the first 1250 to join TBN. Of those who joined before me, there are a few names recognized by many of us here, but only 16 members who registered prior to me have posted within the last 30 days. All that and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee most places.

I guess this TBN thing might catch on.

/ Meaningless statistics #2  
:laughing:Yeah, I'd say there's a chance it might amount to something.:laughing:

/ Meaningless statistics #3  
I'm frequently surprised that when I do a search on Google on a given topic, I get referred right back to TBN for an answer. Quite a brain trust here.

/ Meaningless statistics #4  
I'm frequently surprised that when I do a search on Google on a given topic, I get referred right back to TBN for an answer. Quite a brain trust here.
That's actually how I found this site - searching for information about tractors before buying one.
After this happened a few times it occurred to me that maybe this was the best place to go for information & opinions from the get-go.
I haven't been disappointed on either count.
The combined knowledge on here is really impressive and the members are about the most civilized on-line bunch that I've met. Muhammed and the moderators get my vote for a winning team.

/ Meaningless statistics #6  
Every now and then I will do a google search on an image of something. I am surprised how many times a picture that I posted here on TBN shows up

/ Meaningless statistics #8  
That's actually how I found this site - searching for information about tractors before buying one.
After this happened a few times it occurred to me that maybe this was the best place to go for information & opinions from the get-go.
I haven't been disappointed on either count.
The combined knowledge on here is really impressive and the members are about the most civilized on-line bunch that I've met. Muhammed and the moderators get my vote for a winning team.

That is how I found this site also, I read the great info on here for a few months before I bought my tractor, helped a lot on deciding what would work best for me.
Ron

/ Meaningless statistics #9  
I happened to notice that TBN is creeping up on a quarter million members. That led to me poking around the members page and I discovered a couple things about my own time here:
In September I will have been participating here for 14 years. I was among the first 1250 to join TBN. Of those who joined before me, there are a few names recognized by many of us here, but only 16 members who registered prior to me have posted within the last 30 days. All that and a couple bucks will get you a cup of coffee most places.

I guess this TBN thing might catch on.

Kinda surprised that only 16 "old timers" are still posting.

Yeah, TBN might catch on, eventually. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Not bad for something that started as a school project. :D:D:D Even though TBN was first named after a particular tractor brand and then had to change it's name for legal reasons. I think TBN would be much huger if it had first been named after certain GREEN tractors. :p:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Even though TBN has grown a wee bit, QUARTER MILLION MEMBERS? :shocked: REALLY? :eek: I ask Mohammed years ago, ok maybe a decade ago, :laughing: about the hardware running the site. It was a 750 MGHZ CPU. :shocked: Me thinks it takes a bit more HP to run the site now. :D

The really surprising thing to me is that TBN is still a civil place to hang out. I have been reading a couple of big boat websites and things can get a bit testy over the silliest of things. I might joke about which tractor is best but if you want to see sparks fly, go to one of these boating sites and mention that Brand X Anchor is best! :eek::laughing::laughing::laughing: Seriously, anchor brands will get those guys/girls in a fight'n mood. :confused3:

Course, if someone from the boat sites came over here and read a certain thread about gear vs HST, they might say something similar about TBN. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Meaningless statistics #10  
Well, I'd like to thank you "old timers" for welcoming me when I joined. Its been a great place to hang out and learn. :thumbsup: