McKee 320 blower

/ McKee 320 blower #1  

wayout

Tractor
2 IH 275, case 530, BMC 916
just got a McKee snow blower model 320, does any one know the pto speed, on 520 it clogs, most info is not readable, on 1000 it works good, but l can not find the pto speed info, do not want to burn out any thing running it to fast

/ McKee 320 blower #2  
The roller bearings and roller chain will tolerate the 1,000RPM PTO speed with no
problems so you have no worries there.

Just make sure you oil the chain often, grease the bearings every time you use it
with a few pumps of grease and check the gear box oil level weekly.

/ McKee 320 blower
thank you, it took me time to find how to reply

/ McKee 320 blower #4  
Which PTO shaft does it have? Big difference between 540 & 1000 RPM Shafts.

/ McKee 320 blower
do not know hard to read anything that is not stamped that is still on it, it did not get delivered till after it snowed but l am checking every thing l can right now with the snow and wind l not going to look at it, but tomorrow the wind and snow are to slow down

/ McKee 320 blower #6  
With your Nuffield BMC 9/16 tractor with the 540/1000 PTO the snow blower will work fine you just have to
be sure to grease it, check the drive chains and check the oil more often.

/ McKee 320 blower
thanks, looking all over it to make sure l don't miss any grease points, already reset the chain and oiled it, l hope HTD is good for the gear box, it is what l mostly use

/ McKee 320 blower
took me some time looking trying to find a diagram of the drive line, could not, it is open gear direct drive, the only grease points are on the chute, the gear on the PTO shaft has a hole but does not look threaded, the shaft goes straight to the thrower, no grease point behind it, the gear on the shaft to the auger chain does not have that hole, but there is grease around all of the housings, can not see any place to put grease, do l need to take the housing apart to put grease in like a hub, the auger shaft looks like it might be a bushing hub but do not want to start prying to get them off till l know, the person it came from does not know, just used it

/ McKee 320 blower #9  

Attachments

• McKee blower specs.jpg
    McKee blower specs.jpg
    784.8 KB · Views: 287

I also have a McKee snowblower, it's the larger 720. Info is sparse since they haven't been built for years. Luckily, they are well-built. I found this info on web at one point and it may be helpful. I don't know why it doesn't list RPM!

Search ebay, manuals (both orginal and reprint) are available for cheap!

Last edited:
   / McKee 320 blower

Attachments

• McKee blower specs.jpg
    McKee blower specs.jpg
    784.8 KB · Views: 287

I also have a McKee snowblower, it's the larger 720. Info is sparse since they haven't been built for years. Luckily, they are well-built. I found this info on web at one point and it may be helpful. I don't know why it doesn't list RPM!

Search ebay, manuals (both orginal and reprint) are available for cheap!
thank you well look again may have put some thing down wrong