May not mean nothing but....

/ May not mean nothing but.... #1  

DonWorrell

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
On Agricredit's website their are 36 tractors for sale and 20 of the 36 are Mahindra. I wonder why there are not any Kubota or John Deere's.

Don

/ May not mean nothing but.... #2  
Maybe they don't think they'll sell.....

/ May not mean nothing but.... #3  
I believe some of the other manufacturers have their own financing arms and don't use agricredit. I bet John Deere credit doesn't have a single Mahindra for sale.

Last edited:
   / May not mean nothing but.... #4  
Usually if you see them on Agricredit's site they have been repoed.
And like the other poster said Agricreit does not do the financing for Deere or NH or even Kubota

/ May not mean nothing but....
wallace said:
Usually if you see them on Agricredit's site they have been repoed.
And like the other poster said Agricreit does not do the financing for Deere or NH or even Kubota

I agree most of the tractors are repoed but I disagree about the John Deere comment. If you look at the site under Golf and Turf they have 28 mowers for sale everyone of them is John Deere.

Don

/ May not mean nothing but.... #6  
In my opinion, the only thing it means is someone couldn't pay the payments on their tractor.

/ May not mean nothing but.... #7  
What has been said here is correct...Deere, CNH, etc use their own finance arms...all of these machines on AgriCredit's site are repo's. The reason there are so many JD golf & turf machines on there is because they were probably used to begin with, Deere is full recourse, so most G&T dealers like to deal through AgriCredit becaue of that.

So thats why you dont' see any Green on there (once in a blue moon there will be a Green tractor)!

/ May not mean nothing but.... #8  
DonWorrell said:
On Agricredit's website their are 36 tractors for sale and 20 of the 36 are Mahindra. I wonder why there are not any Kubota or John Deere's.

Don

They have another site AGCO something or other that has the Massey stuff. These sites are not really auction sites, more 'fishing' sites. Often they'll run and re-run tractors until they retail them, sometimes a year or so later. They'd probably get more folks looking/bidding if they actually took folks bids, then there would be some excitement and frankly for them higher prices and better results - how often do Ford, Chrysler, GM sell their repo's with reserve - not often and as a result they bring strong prices. It's just a waste to spend a week or so to be the high bidder and repeatedly get turned down, why bother? They do offer financing(obviously), but it's questionable what kind of deal it is.

I haven't seen many bargains lately - might be easier to just go to tractorhouse or make a deal with a local dealer on a trade then you get service.

Last edited:
   / May not mean nothing but.... #9  
actually some of the prices on there are very high reserve!