Maximizing Spreader Life

/ Maximizing Spreader Life #1  

Matlax

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 HST
I just picked up a used 3 pt rotary spreader for Pelletized lime and fertilizer. I plan on rinsing with water after use but was wondering if there’s anything else I should be doing after using it to prolong the life. Any type of spray or anything? I don’t have power or running water where I use it so I’ll be bringing 5 gallon jugs. I’m probably overthinking it but I’ve seen some great ideas on here. I just couldn’t find any about this. Thanks!

/ Maximizing Spreader Life #2  
Rinse mine with clear water after I use it and spray it down with light oil mixed with diesel in a spritz bottle and it stays inside the barn when not in use. Looks as good as the day I bought it 15 years ago. Don't forget to grease the gearbox, mine has a grease fitting on the bottom side.

/ Maximizing Spreader Life #3  
Rinsed with water inside and outside while running and operating shudders controls. Dry and then coat liberally with used oil. Grease zerks. Storing inside necessary here. Oily, dusty from storage, but never any rust.

/ Maximizing Spreader Life
Thanks guys

/ Maximizing Spreader Life #5  
I use waste motor oil/diesel mix and saturate everything with a old pump up sprayer.
Seems the real cheap one gallon size has a crappy spray wand that can be adjusted to spray oil/diesel mix without clogging