Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving...

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving... #32  
I am with you now. So do the head lights come on? Looks like they share the same ground but is not controlled through the timer unit.

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving...
Yep. Lights, dash, glow plug wait light. Everything normal except Key Start position and nothing...no clicks, nada. Got to be that Timer Unit but can not find it on the tractor...

I am with you now. So do the head lights come on? Looks like they share the same ground but is not controlled through the timer unit.

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving... #34  
You very well might be correct. However, looking at the diagram you posted it appears to have a safety relay. There is two relays next to each other on the diagram, one for load the other for safety. Have you tried swapping these? They may be easier to find. If the safety relay is bad, swapping would allow starter to work.

I am wondering if on some models they did not use the timer. Another thing to check, if you haven't already, is the fuses.

The reason I keep questioning the timer is those timer relay units are fairly common on many things but rarely give problems.

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving... #35  
Just to re-summarize the thread so it is not so difficult to read thru...

Max 26XL was split by my dealer to repair the FWD axle which broke and allowed the drive shaft to float back (or get pushed) into the gear box where it broke several tranny gears.

Got the tractor back from them, drove it back to my place, about 4 miles from the "road". No problem, ran fine. Reconnected the loader and backhoe, no problems. Used the TLB for about an hour and a half. Was driving it back the shop and it just stopped.

Did a lot of wire tracing...removed the hood, side covers, front cover, rear seat, sheet metal the seat bolts to, steering column shrouds, etc to get access to all the safety switches and wiring harness.

Made and installed a by pass plug for the seat safety switch (I know, I know). Put my multi meter on all the safety switch circuits; all good, Key in Start and power flows.

Jumped the starter solenoid terminals, with the Key in Run Position, and it turns over, and starts and immediately dies.

Believe the ETR Solenoid is not getting turned on by the Tuner Unit for the HOLD circuit to allow fuel to flow after cranking.

Believe the Timer Unit was jacked up by the shorted wires from the Seat Safety switch, or from some other issue.

I've installed new new Load and Safety Relays to eliminate them as potential issues.

I have a new Timer Unit from Mahindra to eliminate that as a potential issue. BUT, I can NOT find where the Timer Unit is located. The Mahindra Shop manual shows it mounted near the Glow Plug Controller on the starboard side of the firewall under the hood. Is not there as far as I can see.

To eliminate the Timer Unit as a potential problem I want to replace that unit, but, even though this is a tiny little tractor, and it shouldn't be that difficult to find it, I can't, and the shop manual isn't any real help.

My dealer (Featherlite of Reno) is being as helpful as they can, and one of the guys I'm talking with has the same Max 26XL as I do at home. We looked on a newer 26XL on the lot and could NOT find the Timer Unit where the manual says it should be. He said he'd look at his when he gets home and see if he can find it.

But, I am asking here as well, hoping someone has swapped the Timer Unit on their Max 26XL and will know where the silly thing is located...

Can't help you on the timer location any.
But, have you tried to temporary wire in power to the run leg of the ETR, reading the line bolded above that it will start when jumped means the pull in coil is working but the hold in coil is not ( the blue wire going to your timer device). 12 volts to the run coil should keep her running. Also I have seen solenoids fail, have you ohmed out the solenoid?
On the 3 contacts from ground pin to the pull in pin should be very low resistance (possibly less then 1 ohm), from the ground pin to the run or hold in pin should be around 6 ohm.

I have thought about running a line directly from the battery to that post, and may do that today just to confirm the ETR. I will post the results of that effort...

And I will also do the resistance test. From what I read on the wiring schematic the PULL circuit can take 50 amps and the HOLD circuit can take 1 amp. So, I'd expect a resistance difference of 50 to 1 when I check.

But...regardless of the ETR condition the tractor should turn over when the key is in Start...if it was the ETR it would just turn over and over but get no diesel, and therefore not start.

Can't help you on the timer location any.
But, have you tried to temporary wire in power to the run leg of the ETR, reading the line bolded above that it will start when jumped means the pull in coil is working but the hold in coil is not ( the blue wire going to your timer device). 12 volts to the run coil should keep her running. Also I have seen solenoids fail, have you ohmed out the solenoid?
On the 3 contacts from ground pin to the pull in pin should be very low resistance (possibly less then 1 ohm), from the ground pin to the run or hold in pin should be around 6 ohm.

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving... #37  
On my Max 26xl. You can even see the part number on the unit. 20200201_114307.jpeg20200201_114323.jpeg20200201_114513.jpeg20200201_114513~2.jpeg

Have checked all fuses, and swapped both relays. Also installed two new relays...nada. And I agree on the Timer being common. But, that's the critical point in all the circuitry, and I have tested every other safety switch. Including bypassing them with jumper wires...

You very well might be correct. However, looking at the diagram you posted it appears to have a safety relay. There is two relays next to each other on the diagram, one for load the other for safety. Have you tried swapping these? They may be easier to find. If the safety relay is bad, swapping would allow starter to work.

I am wondering if on some models they did not use the timer. Another thing to check, if you haven't already, is the fuses.

The reason I keep questioning the timer is those timer relay units are fairly common on many things but rarely give problems.

/ Max 26xl just stopped while I was driving... #40  
Maybe the mechanics didn't reinstall it in the correct position when they reassembled the tractor. It should be somewhere nearby. I can't imagine that the wiring harness would let it be very far from the original location.