Massey Ferguson 231/232

/ Massey Ferguson 231/232 #1  

FixMyTractor!

Tractor
1996 Massey Ferguson 231/232
Front hydraulic pump: 17gpm driveshaft not turning. Driveshaft spins but pump shaft does not. Loader suddenly would not operate.
2 spool valve body with joystick controller

1996 MF 231/232 need pump removal tips.

I have a video but not sure how to upload it.

Pics are mostly after I started disassembly.
I can’t identify which AGCO pump and shaft I have on the AGCO parts website.

Attachments

• IMG_7744.jpeg
    IMG_7744.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7745.jpeg
    IMG_7745.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7746.jpeg
    IMG_7746.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7747.jpeg
    IMG_7747.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7750.jpeg
    IMG_7750.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7751.jpeg
    IMG_7751.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7752.jpeg
    IMG_7752.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7753.jpeg
    IMG_7753.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7754.jpeg
    IMG_7754.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
   / Massey Ferguson 231/232 #2  
Is it a Massey-Ferguson loader..?? You may find the pump and drive coupler looking up the loader model number.

Easiest way for me to download videos was to start a Youtube account. Download your raw video to there, once it has finished downloading and can post (make sure to make it public and set the time for when it can be viewed. Normally it will go to the next day, but you can change that to the day and time your uploading within 15 minutes.) Once it posts a link to view the video, you can copy and paste the link in the comment line here. It will take you to the Youtube site and play your video.

As far as that driveshaft, a video would be nice to see what part is spinning, and what isn't. From the looks of things in the pics, looks to be a 2 piece drive shaft, like it may be adjustable for different length for different mounts/applications. Most older equipment the mating pieces were splined, but newer pieces may have a single piece of key stock, with possibly a set screw to hold it in place. I'm just taking a wild guess at that. Could be a woodruff key with a slot in the solid shaft back towards the engine, and a keyway in the front tubular shaft so it can be adjusted for length, yet the woodruff key will stay in place.

In either case you should be able to remove pump and mounting bracket and pull the pump off, with the tubular piece coming with it. Might not pull off real easy if a key has sheared and gaulded itself a bit.

If in fact it is a key sheared, that is a built in safety feature/weakest link in the driveline to prevent catastrophic failure. Merley speculation using the SWAG system from what I'm seeing in the pictures. Again, if it is a Massey loader, look that model number up on the AGCO site, it should show everything, and how those two pieces are connected.

/ Massey Ferguson 231/232
Thanks

/ Massey Ferguson 231/232 #4  
That doesn't sound good...

/ Massey Ferguson 231/232
e pump will not lift out of its mount. There is not enough space to slide it back and slip it out of the driveshaft. The driveshaft does not have a key, I can’t see the splines to see if they are stripped but I can turn the driveshaft with a wrench. I can see the pump driveshaft is stripped. Have hard is it to remove the pump mount? Is that the only way to separate the driveshaft from the pump shaft and remove the pump? Thanks