Marvel Mystery Oil

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #11  
Don’t quote me on this but I have read that Stabil works by floating on top of gasoline and preventing air/moisture interacting with the fuel. I wonder if MMO works in the same manner.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #12  
Don’t quote me on this but I have read that Stabil works by floating on top of gasoline and preventing air/moisture interacting with the fuel. I wonder if MMO works in the same manner.
To see how stabil or marvel mystery oil interacts with gasoline take a clear glass pint jar, fill it 3/4 full of gasoline than add either an ounce of Stabil or marvel mystery oil and see if you see any floating on the top of the gasoline. My guess is both will intermix with the gasoline.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil
I use 2 ounces of white bottle Power Service and 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil in every 5 gallons of road diesel fuel That I use in my 4 pieces of diesel equipment.

I was wondering if MMO was good for diesel engines, thanks.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil
This is all good information, I still have a few things I can use this can of MMO in, such as an older riding lawnmower, a couple old generators, my 3 diesel tractors plus cleaning my guns! Thanks.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #15  
I definitely remember as a kid in the 1960s, my father had a construction company with heavy equipment, front end loaders, cable and hydraulic shovels, dump trucks etc, and distinctly remember his partner who was the mechanic using it. I still remember him saying it in his heavy Italian accent as I hung out in the garage on a Saturday. They used it in everything I think, but I was too young to know the details. Just thought it was a funny name for an oil. But like the testimonies here I’ve heard multiple people say it works. I’m gonna look for some, and now I wonder if Stabil is the same thing? It’s a similar color.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #16  
My old neighbor used it in his Ferguson TO 20 on the advice of the flat-out best mechanic Schoharie County has ever known…….”top cylinder lubrication.” I didn’t even know what in hell that meant but I knew enough to take advice from smart people so I started using it. Then another smart, careful, meticulous mechanic told me he used it for his air tools.

Now, I use it in my older 4 stroke gas tools (tiller, mower) and I’ve learned from this discussion that it might be good for my 2 stroke motors, too. I’ve got a lot of ‘em so starting today, they get a little kiss-good-night of MMO, too. I might even add a few ounces to wifey’s fancy German SUV (it could use any help for mileage it can get). I don’t think you’ll go wrong with MMO and if there’s a good chance to go right, do it.

Gun cleaning, too?? Who knew? I do. Now, at least. Carry on, All. Thanks for the info.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #17  
I've refinished several old (c.1880s) cast iron farm bells and used MMO to coat the cast iron pieces afterwards to inhibit rust. It works great. Just re-coat every 2-3 years.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #18  
Never used it myself, but there is a group of old-airplane buffs who swear by it:

Note the reference to "mogas" for old planes. I flew a Piper Cub that had been modified for automotive gasoline purchased at the terminal before alcohol was added. The engine sometimes quit at idle, including when coming in for a landing, which could really get the blood pumping. The flight instructors (who sat in the front seat) hated the smell of it, so the airport finally got rid of it and now has only 100 octane low-lead. I was sorry to see it go, because for a long time I would buy a couple gallons for my small (pre-alky) engines, lawnmower, snowblower, chainsaw.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #19  
A friend gave me a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil? I remember it from the 1960's but I have never used it. Where do you use it and what is it good for?
can unseize engines by squirting in spark plug holes or injector holes,, put a little in gas to refresh engine parts, remove head and pour it in the cylinders, squirt in engine of a old motor thats been sitting to prevent cracking rings when turning it over, and on and on ..its been around for decades

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #20  
Good Morning Sherpa,
I think its a great product ! I use it in my old Wheel Horse C-125 single cylinder kohler garden tractor ! I also started using it in my 1930 Ford Model A every time I fuel it up !
I am impressed with its performance !

I am sure I will find other uses for it in the future !