Marvel Mystery Oil

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #21  
Used it in my TR6 that sat for very long time poured in each cylinder until after several days it just ran out as fast as was put in. I have used it in lawn mowers etc for years

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #22  
I was told by an old #1 diesel mechanic that if you ran MM Oil in your diesel fuel that you would never have to worry about injector pump failure, so far so good.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #23  
The only thing I've ever used it for is to moisten foam air filters and pre-filters so dust will stick to them instead of going right through.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #24  
I use it all the time.
It has multiple uses
It's basically a penetrating oil like wd40 but I think it's more oily and thicker and I think it works better for soaking rusted parts.
The spay cans, I think wd40 works better.
I usually have a bowl of it for stuff that needs to soak for a while, like chains.
It also works pretty good as a cleaning solvent but then so does diesel and diesel is a bit cheaper. Not really sure which works better.
You always hear of people putting it in a froze motor to unfreeze it but that's not something I've ever done or ever will do.
If it's froze up it needs to at least be disassembled and cleaned.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #25  
A good friend recommended MMO back in the 60's. I stored a Honda CB350 for over a year by hooking up a gas feed after the stock tank and adding MMO till the engine stalled. Enough smoke to hide a house! Restart included emptying the bowl and cranking intermittently to not overheat the starter. Ran fine for years, sold the machine and new owner (co-worker) had no issues.

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #27  
I use it in all of my old garden tractor engines from the 50's, 60's & 70's that were designed to run on leaded gas. Just a cap full when it came in the metal quart cans added to the gas, it lubricates and prevents exhaust valves from sticking. I also add it to the oil for the same reason, and to help keep internals clean.

I first used it back in the 70's in a Ford 1 ton truck w/6 cylinder. I'd asked the machinist who worked the head for me about Stellite valves, and he suggested using MMO. he used it in his racing bike at the strip. He's the one that told me it's great for the older engines designed to run on leaded gas, and it's upper cylinder lubrication properties.

What really made a believer out of me was when a neighbor girl had an older big box store riding mower with a B&S vertical shaft engine would stop running after an hour or so in hot weather but start back up after it cooled down. She called wanting me to come fix it. I just assumed it was vapor locking but when I tried to start it. it turned over very fast like no compression. I pulled the small cover off at the base of the valves and saw the exhaust valve was stuck open. Came back home and got my can of MMO. By the time I got back, the valve had freed itself. Replaced the cover and added a good capful of MMO to the gas and told her to run it and call me if it does it again. She called me 3 hours later pretty happy it never stopped on her the rest of the day. She then got her own can and added to the gas before mowing and never had any problems with it for the next 4-5 years running it. She done flat wore the mower out after that amount of time, so replaced it.

I use it mainly in older single cylinder air cooled engines but will add it to oil in new to me small farm tractors I collect/use to help clean things up and lubricate the upper cylinders. Gotta' believe it helps to free up/clean piston rings too. Some claim using detergent oil in older engines that has only had non-detergent oil ran in them since new will plug up the return ports. I've never personally had that problem.

With newer engines today and oils out there on the market, don't know that I'd use it in them. But it is great for older engines pre-unleaded gas.
I wouldn’t think adding MMO to engine oil would be very good for any engine oil. Add it to fuel yes but I want my engine oil thick especially in old engines

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #29  
Used it in a 1.6 liter 2008 Hyundai Accent. It had about 200k miles on it and I usually ran 10k between oil changes. It was getting really gummy and things were sticking. Added a quart to the crank case and some to the gas tank. Changed the oil about 200 miles later and the results were amazing. The engine ran like new.

In an NTSB post aircraft accident investigation published in 2003, it was reported that Marvel Mystery Oil was composed of 74 percent mineral oil, 25 percent stoddard solvent, and 1 percent lard.[4]

/ Marvel Mystery Oil #30  
You could mix up a small batch of mmo and acetone for penetrating oil. you may have to add more acetone if it sits a long time