Market Watch

/ Market Watch #11  
Saw a post in the LS section about a new diagnostic tool on the market.

Here is my new diagnostic software. The beauty of it is it works on my Ford, Allis, Massey's, and my Kubota's and I don't even need to buy a specific wire harness for it to work on all those brands. :ROFLMAO:
How do you fix anything without a hammer and fitsall wrench?

/ Market Watch #12  
New market report just dropped today and sales are continuing to plummet. Sales of below 40hp tractors are down 13% since July of last year. As you will see in this video, the inventory to sales ratio is now exceeding where it was in 2019.

I still wonder where all of those units magically appeared from.

/ Market Watch #15  
It don't matter. It is pretty obvious by now we are never going to see pre-covid pricing again no matter what happens. That ship has sailed.

In my case, Kubota shot themselves in the foot with me. When they price rose significantly mid deal when buying a new M7060 cab, I walked away, started buying old restored tractors and discovered I like them WAY better then new tractors.
So I won't be back manufacturers.

It's the manufacturers and the dealers, too. One dealer flatly refused any trade in value for my 35 hp Mahindra with only 771 hours. They are using new car dealership management methods so far as I can tell. They are highly focused on new unit sales and only have two or three used tractors for sale at two locations despite apparently having very high volume new tractor sales. They just don't want to fool with used tractors. I have no idea what their repair service is like a few years after the sale.

Although I've wanted a cab tractor with AC, part of me just wants to get the Mahindra repaired rather than buy any more farm equipment.

/ Market Watch
It's the manufacturers and the dealers, too. One dealer flatly refused any trade in value for my 35 hp Mahindra with only 771 hours. They are using new car dealership management methods so far as I can tell. They are highly focused on new unit sales and only have two or three used tractors for sale at two locations despite apparently having very high volume new tractor sales. They just don't want to fool with used tractors. I have no idea what their repair service is like a few years after the sale.

Although I've wanted a cab tractor with AC, part of me just wants to get the Mahindra repaired rather than buy any more farm equipment.
It's amazing how fast things turned with this industry. I remember two years ago the FOMO craze that was going around and the bad advice that was being given out by different tractor groups on FB. They were telling folks to just pay whatever price they were asking because supply was low and no one knew when it was going to return. Now those people couldn't get rid of those overpriced tractors if they tried.

/ Market Watch #19  
Another dealership marked down one of their TYM 394c models by $1,000 to move it because they were starting to have to pay interest on it. It's one thing to carry a lot of inventory when the dealership doesn't have to pay much interest on it, but increased interest costs can eat a hole in the dealer's pocket if they end up sitting on a lot of new machinery.

The high volume TYM dealership has sold 20 T474 hydros in the last two months for something like $27,500 each.

/ Market Watch
Another dealership marked down one of their TYM 394c models by $1,000 to move it because they were starting to have to pay interest on it. It's one thing to carry a lot of inventory when the dealership doesn't have to pay much interest on it, but increased interest costs can eat a hole in the dealer's pocket if they end up sitting on a lot of new machinery.

The high volume TYM dealership has sold 20 T474 hydros in the last two months for something like $27,500 each.
Thanks for the report 2mr.