Price Check Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370?

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #21  
Yup that's the one... The guy that answered the phone said it was his sons tractors. So I asked how much for just the tractor without the attachments. He was like 3895....and the implements were separate! I said wow that is a little high bringing its 30 years old and can't get parts for it and I only paid 1k for mine...

I agree nearly $4k for that tractor is high. However, the fact is it is extremely difficult to go and buy a tractor like you did for $1k especially on a whim, at least anywhere near where I live. My experience has been that you *might* be able to pick up a deal like that maybe once per year if you stumble across it or are scouring the classifieds hard and you better be prepared to act on it quickly and drive some distant in most cases.

It's easier to understand why people are asking what they are for their tractors when one considers how much they would ask for their own tractors, how much new ones cost, and how expensive parts can be should major components need replacement.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370?
Depends on condition. Most old Beavers did not have hour meters. So it's hard to determine how much it's been run. Also if you have turf or ag tires- Some people want one, some people want the other. A loader adds $2000-$3000 to the price. Also if there is any demand in your area it may go for more than usual.

Typical pricing I see for decent 2wd, 2-cylinder models with no implements is $1500-$2000 depending on condition. Some are less, usually needing work. For that money you can barely buy a new lawn mower tractor at the big-box stores, and that's a consumer-grade, air-cooled gas motor with no PTO or 3PH..

Useful... I suppose here in eastern Nebraska, would be somewhat less... although this one does not need work. It is ready to go to work!

... attaching a couple of pictures... including pointing to the "reverser"... wandering what these are worth?

Attachments

• IMG_9348.jpg
    IMG_9348.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_9352.jpg
    IMG_9352.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 374
I would be willing to buy the reverser if you would sell it separate or perhaps the whole tractor depending on where you are located. :thumbsup:

Hate to separate the reverser from the tractor... the reverser making it useful with standard SAE PTO...

Quite a ways to Virginia... from just south of Lincoln, Nebraska!

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #24  
very sharp looking tractor. did it have a backhoe on it at some point? i just wondered what those brackets on the back were for.

very sharp looking tractor. did it have a backhoe on it at some point? i just wondered what those brackets on the back were for.

Had the Satoh rotary tiller on it ... brackets were for it.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #26  
I have a 1980 Beaver 4x4 with a finish mower. I got it 20 years ago and it's the most reliable thing I've ever owned. Every spring I put the battery in and it starts up no questions asked. I've only had to tinker once or twice with it, do normal maintenance of fluids, sharpen the blades once a year, store it in the shed and take the battery indoors in the winter. This thing will outlive me I'm 67 and plan to live to 85 and I'll die with this Beaver working like it does now. My wife will sell it for what I paid for it 20 years ago and the new owner will be singing this same song. Can't kill this thing.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #27  
You should be able to get $1500. maybe more . I make reversers for the S370. They run $900 new. I have parted out around 10 s370 tractors. I've sold a couple motors in the last 20 years. Other parts on a 2wd go real slow. FWD parts are the most in demand parts, but it has slowed down the last few years.