Price Check Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370?

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #1  

mustangary

Tractor
John Deere 1026R; Satoh Beaver 570
Have decided to sell my S-370, 2-wheel drive. Runs fine... just want to move toward a newer tractor.

Have the SAE PTO reverse attachment for it.. so, can use newer mowers, tillers on it (in that it has the small spline reverse rotation shaft...but, the U.S. SAE PTO attachment changes it to clockwise rotation).

Anyone know what is a reasonable asking price?

Everything works!

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #2  
An awful lot depends on the market in your area, the condition of the machine, and so forth. The PTO reverser is valuable in its own right, but likely won't add value commensurate to its replacement cost, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
   / Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #3  
I'd agree it depends on the area. Here in the Pacific NW it seems that anywhere between $2200-$2500 is the asking price with no loader. Pushing 5k with a loader.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #4  
Depends on condition. Most old Beavers did not have hour meters. So it's hard to determine how much it's been run. Also if you have turf or ag tires- Some people want one, some people want the other. A loader adds $2000-$3000 to the price. Also if there is any demand in your area it may go for more than usual.

Typical pricing I see for decent 2wd, 2-cylinder models with no implements is $1500-$2000 depending on condition. Some are less, usually needing work. For that money you can barely buy a new lawn mower tractor at the big-box stores, and that's a consumer-grade, air-cooled gas motor with no PTO or 3PH..

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #5  
I think a lot of these tractors are at the point that if you want maximum $ for what you have, you may want to consider parting it out. It sounds like the reverser is worth a decent amount by itself. I know used tires and rims can be pricey from dealers. I had one dealer tell me that a front 4wd axle from a Beaver can fetch $1200 alone and a KE70 engine $1500. Obviously there is some work/time issues involved with parting out, but I find it odd that a person can buy a whole tractor for not much more than a couple of individual parts. I know this doesn't help you, but thought it was worth mentioning here.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370? #7  
With what people seem to ask for them, I wonder what I could get out of mine should I ever need to sell it.

I need to fix all of its various issues just to deal with them.

/ Market Value of Satoh Beaver S-370?
Had not thought of parting it out... but, actually not a bad idea... although the overall machine, as a unit, still has lot of life in it.

Thanks!

Is this just the tractor, or with implements? I am planning to sell only the tractor... and perhaps include my Brinley Cat 0 to Sleeve adapter... keeping my Cat 0 implements (which work just fine on the Cat 1 tractor I bought, and so not really needing the S-370 anymore).

Depends on condition. Most old Beavers did not have hour meters. So it's hard to determine how much it's been run. Also if you have turf or ag tires- Some people want one, some people want the other. A loader adds $2000-$3000 to the price. Also if there is any demand in your area it may go for more than usual.

Typical pricing I see for decent 2wd, 2-cylinder models with no implements is $1500-$2000 depending on condition. Some are less, usually needing work. For that money you can barely buy a new lawn mower tractor at the big-box stores, and that's a consumer-grade, air-cooled gas motor with no PTO or 3PH..

Hmmm... ok, good information. This one has not been used a lot. Been mainly a mower (3-point John Deere finish mower, which I sold) tractor, almost it's entire life. Not really heavy work. Never had loader on it. Well maintained. Rebuilt alternator, radiator, new ignition switch, glow plugs, things like that. Runs great. So, maybe could get a "firm" $1500??

Thanks!