Loader Malfunctioning WR Long Valve 3rd function on H240 Loader

/ Malfunctioning WR Long Valve 3rd function on H240 Loader #1  

lipancreek

Tractor
JD 5065e, Ford 5610S
I have a new 5065e with H240 loader. I ordered the WR Long 3rd function valve. John Deere dealer installed it. Worked fine on delivery. I have about 4 hours total on the tractor. The problem is that now suddenly the dump function on the loader doesn't work. When you move the joystick to the right to dump, you hear the hydraulic system engage and whine, but nothing happens. In fact, a few times it actually curled rather than dump.

The curl function works fine, as does raise/lower. Before I get the dealer involved, are there any things I could check? I would love to be able to use the tractor this weekend but as it is I can't do much. Thanks for any advice or ideas!

/ Malfunctioning WR Long Valve 3rd function on H240 Loader
Okay, I figured it out. One of the hydraulic quick connectors appeared to be connected. But actually a small piece of debris/plastic was inside the connector and kept the connector from fully engaging. So the quick connector was not fully seated and the seal worked it's way loose it looks like. That's an easy fix!

/ Malfunctioning WR Long Valve 3rd function on H240 Loader #3  
Good deal :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have the "diverter" setup though rather that the "3rd function", not a huge deal but they are very different in the way the hook up and operate.