MahindraUSA

/ MahindraUSA #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I was invited out to MahindraUSA in Tomball today by Brenda Bradshaw. If you don't know Brenda, she goes by the user name Jsupport here and is MahindraUSA's online Customer Relations contact person. I think we hit it off from the start, as she is a friendly "people" person. She is a sweety.:) I also met her "go to" person for Product Support, Tim Zemencsik. He told me a lot, but asked me to not mention his name. Oops!;) He has numerous years tractor experience. I was convinced of that when he knew what my old Ford 3055 was. He is the second person I have met that knew what that tractor was.:D I got to pick his brain in his office/shop. I will ramble here. Mahindra's Tomball facility is on two acres. They moved Parts and the final assembly and distribution warehouse to north Houston near IAH (Bush) airport on 9 acres. They were going to move the Headquarters down there also, but it would seem the 9 acres is already crowded.

The new 82:cool: horsepower cab model will he unveiled in March. But I think it will come out in February at the World Ag. Expo in California. It isn't a replacement for the 7110. The 7110 is a CUT and this bad boy will be a full blown utility tractor. The cab is best described as reminding you of a JD cab. I have no clue what that means as I haven't been in a cabbed JD in 9 years.

We talked alot about Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel. He gave me a 16 oz. bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula Diesel Fuel Additive. I don't know how much it cost, but a 16 oz. bottle will treat 60 gallons of diesel. He told me to use it all my diesels. That includes my Mahindra 6520, my Dodge/Cummins pickup and my diesel generator. M&D Distributors in Houston, Texas markets it. M&D also rebuilds some of their fuel injector pumps. M&D has an excellant reputation as I have heard of them in Turbo Diesel Register for Dodge pickups. I was told biodiesel is a no-no. There are two cases pending of ruined tractor engines from using biodiesel.:eek:

I asked about a tractor in his shop. It had way bigger front tires than my 6520. He said it was a 6530, but now I am thinking he said 6030. It had the engine side cowls off, so I didn't see what it said on the sides. He said it was a new model. Anyway, it has the new emission equipped Tier 3 turbo charged engine in it that requires ULSD. It has way more plumbing around the engine than my 6520. Old timers are not going to like it as all the tractor manufacturers have to go with more emissions. So I guess in the future we will be hooking our tractors up to dianogistic computers.:(

I met the president, but didn't get to talk much with him, as I was on the way out. We did talk a little on that American tractors are not completely made in the U.S. anymore.

They did have rows and stacks of tires there. I was told I can get higher rated tires for my 6520 front end, but will have to hunt for them.
hugs, Brandi

/ MahindraUSA
xlr82v2 said:
Pictures... we need Pictures!!!

;)

:)

:D

:p
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I should have asked for a photo. I will email them and beg for one or two pics.
hugs, Brandi

/ MahindraUSA
Another item I remembered overnight. While at MahindraUSA yesterday and discussing ULSD fuel, I was asked how often I change my fuel filters. I said when the owner's manual told me to. He stated to change the fuel filters twice a year. All because of ULSD.
hugs, Brandi

/ MahindraUSA #6  
Brandi,

What was the rationale behind that? Is the ULSD "dirty", or does it deteriorate the coatings inside the fuel tank and the fuel lines?

Very interesting...

/ MahindraUSA #7  
xlr82v2 said:
Brandi,

What was the rationale behind that? Is the ULSD "dirty", or does it deteriorate the coatings inside the fuel tank and the fuel lines?

Very interesting...

Hey Guys,
My "GO TO" person,;) I can't mention his name, tells me, the ULSD is NOT dirty and has nothing to do with the coatings in the tank. What it has to do with is; any diesel fuel will deterioate any filter if it is left in there long enough and not properly attended to. For example: if you were to take a gallon of water in a bucket and fill it with cardboard what's gonna happen to the cardboard? Over a period of time the cardboard will turn to mush. Diesel fuel will do the same thing to filters if left in there over a long period of time.

"A Smile Is A Light In The Window Of The Soul, Indicating That The Heart Is At Home." :)
Best Regards,
Brenda Bradshaw
Customer Relations
Mahindra USA, Inc.
17723 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
1-800-887-2286 EXT. 321
brenda.bradshaw@mahindrausa.com

/ MahindraUSA #8  
Jsupport said:
Hey Guys,
My "GO TO" person,;) I can't mention his name, tells me, the ULSD is NOT dirty and has nothing to do with the coatings in the tank. What it has to do with is; any diesel fuel will deterioate any filter if it is left in there long enough and not properly attended to. For example: if you were to take a gallon of water in a bucket and fill it with cardboard what's gonna happen to the cardboard? Over a period of time the cardboard will turn to mush. Diesel fuel will do the same thing to filters if left in there over a long period of time.

We have standby diesel generators that we keep a large supply of diesel fuel for, and this is true that they will deteriorate the filters, though it takes a LONG time to do so. We use a product on our large tanks (5500US GAL+) that stabilizes the fuel, also we change the fuel filters every 12 months. We don't have any problems with the fuel filters. We just replaced a forgotten filter that was dated 2003 and had no deterioration problems with it either. The filters can and do last quite a while. STA-BIL and a foam product is what we use to keep our fuel good, also we test it once every 12 months. Some of the fuel that we have that is still good was probably filled in 01 or 02, but with testing monitoring etc it is still good fuel. These engines get ran weekly for a short time and then tested a few times a year, it is a neat sight to see a 2000+ hp diesel under full load.

/ MahindraUSA #9  
LOL the go to guy....:D They are right.. he knows his stuff... he is a trip to get to know. I think he owes me a beer.....

/ MahindraUSA #10  
Ok, good info.

I knew that filters weren't good indefinitely, but that's the first time I've heard to change them every 6 months...

Get out there and buy those Mahindra Filters, people!!

:D:D:D