Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors
JoeinTX said:
"My parents have baled for decades with a Ford Jubilee. I would LOVE 8 forward gears."

Yeah, 8/2 is twice what I've ever really worked with and sounds pretty good right now.

I wasn't really paying attention but I checked the Mahindra site and these little rigs look pretty good. Still more than the comparable Long Farmtrac it seems, but, still in the bargain arena.

Mahindra MSRPs tend to be quite a bit more than the actual tractor costs. I bought my Mahindra 4110 and ML112 loader with QA for under the MSRP.

RollingsFarms said:
the only problem i see with Mahindra doing this is that the 5003 series is offering the MFWD option now on their tractors starting this year, along with a couple options on transmission. i'm sure Mahindra plans on offering these options within the future, but it might put them behind in overall sales for these tractors.

Isn't Deere phasing out the 5X05 series, and adding the MFWD and other options to the 5X03 to fill the void?

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #23  
Keith_B said:
Mahindra MSRPs tend to be quite a bit more than the actual tractor costs. I bought my Mahindra 4110 and ML112 loader with QA for under the MSRP.

yea, i got my tractor and equipment for about 3 grand less than msrp

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #24  
Keith_B said:
Isn't Deere phasing out the 5X05 series, and adding the MFWD and other options to the 5X03 to fill the void?

yeah, theyve stopped production on the 5005 series. the new 5003 series should be here by the end August. a dealer near by acctually had two of the new ones on his lot, but pulled them off and theyre sitting in the back now. i guess because JD didnt want them on the lots before a certain date. they look good......theyre all green and yellow. no black. the kept the same hp on all the 5003 series except the 5103 which got bumped down to 45hp/38pto. they even took the transmission from the 5005 series and are offering it in the new 5003 series. also rear svc's are standard now on them. i also noticed they changed the tires back to traditional R1's. both kinds of loaders will be availible too(quick-attatch and non quick-attatch) this is a big welcome imho. as far as price goes, i was told they were planning on getting more aggressive but i cant confirm that since i havent heard of what the new prices are going to be. im interested to see how they compare to the new Mahindra line. seems like they should be a great line of tractors for both JD and Mahindra. Gamble should be able to fill you in more then i can and correct me if ive given any wrong information.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #25  
You know that never made much sense to me. Why have two different loaders? It seems like it would be cheaper to use one loader instead of having to design two loaders for one tractor. New Holland has a non-removable loader on the TT line also. I didn't understand why they didn't just use either the loader from the TN or TC55 since they already had them and at most only needed to change the mounting bracket to hook up to the TT. Instead they waste money designing a new loader:rolleyes:

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #26  
Robert_in_NY said:
You know that never made much sense to me. Why have two different loaders? It seems like it would be cheaper to use one loader instead of having to design two loaders for one tractor. New Holland has a non-removable loader on the TT line also. I didn't understand why they didn't just use either the loader from the TN or TC55 since they already had them and at most only needed to change the mounting bracket to hook up to the TT. Instead they waste money designing a new loader:rolleyes:

Engineering and marketing can be funny that way. Sometimes they don't agree and they end up wasting money away. I could have a really nice tractor with the money I have seen go down the tubes because of it.

RollingsFarms said:
yeah, theyve stopped production on the 5005 series. the new 5003 series should be here by the end August. a dealer near by acctually had two of the new ones on his lot, but pulled them off and theyre sitting in the back now. i guess because JD didnt want them on the lots before a certain date. they look good......theyre all green and yellow. no black. the kept the same hp on all the 5003 series except the 5103 which got bumped down to 45hp/38pto. they even took the transmission from the 5005 series and are offering it in the new 5003 series. also rear svc's are standard now on them. i also noticed they changed the tires back to traditional R1's. both kinds of loaders will be availible too(quick-attatch and non quick-attatch) this is a big welcome imho. as far as price goes, i was told they were planning on getting more aggressive but i cant confirm that since i havent heard of what the new prices are going to be. im interested to see how they compare to the new Mahindra line. seems like they should be a great line of tractors for both JD and Mahindra. Gamble should be able to fill you in more then i can and correct me if ive given any wrong information.

If they get aggressive in the pricing of the 5X03 series things could get interesting.