Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #11  
Mahindra has other models with a 12/12 shuttle. I think this model will remain with a simple hi/lo 4spd. It is meant as a simple hard working value tractor. 5520 has the shuttle and all the bells and whistles, as do other models.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #12  
Thank you Dave. So basically this tractor is like the NH TT line and the JD 5003/5005 lines of a basic no frills utility tractor. If so then it should be a great brush chopping, raking and tedding tractor where you don't need a $30-$40k tractor.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #13  
I think so Robert, while I really like the bells and whistles, sometimes a guy needs a good simple tractor at a greatly reduced price.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #14  
I agree, I really don't like running the TN thru the red brush but I don't mind running the MF 135 thru there. A nice simple, reliable and affordable tractor is ideal for these situations where if you break something you don't lose much sleep over it.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors
Robert_in_NY said:
Keith, do you have any idea if Mahindra plans on offering a different tranny for this tractor? 8 forward gears isn't ideal for haying.

I doubt Mahindra offers another tranny option for the tractor, as they have other tractors in the HP range that are available with more gears.

For our purpose the 8X2 tranny works well for haying. If we were baling 10,000+ bales a year it wouldn't be ideal, but we don't bale that many bales. The Ford 4000 we have used for years has had no problems, and it has a similar 8X2 tranny. The 6025 specs a lot like the Ford 4000.

These 25 series tractors are aimed at the same market as the JD 5X03 series, people who want a simple tractor at a bargain price. Mahindra does not market the tractor specificall for haying, but markets them more as a general purpose tractor.

The reason I mentioned the haying is because a tractor like that would be ideally suited for that purpose for me.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #16  
Understood. Thanks for the explanation.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #17  
Keith_B said:
I doubt Mahindra offers another tranny option for the tractor, as they have other tractors in the HP range that are available with more gears.

For our purpose the 8X2 tranny works well for haying. If we were baling 10,000+ bales a year it wouldn't be ideal, but we don't bale that many bales. The Ford 4000 we have used for years has had no problems, and it has a similar 8X2 tranny. The 6025 specs a lot like the Ford 4000.

These 25 series tractors are aimed at the same market as the JD 5X03 series, people who want a simple tractor at a bargain price. Mahindra does not market the tractor specificall for haying, but markets them more as a general purpose tractor.

The reason I mentioned the haying is because a tractor like that would be ideally suited for that purpose for me.

the only problem i see with Mahindra doing this is that the 5003 series is offering the MFWD option now on their tractors starting this year, along with a couple options on transmission. i'm sure Mahindra plans on offering these options within the future, but it might put them behind in overall sales for these tractors.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #18  
"My parents have baled for decades with a Ford Jubilee. I would LOVE 8 forward gears."

Yeah, 8/2 is twice what I've ever really worked with and sounds pretty good right now.

I wasn't really paying attention but I checked the Mahindra site and these little rigs look pretty good. Still more than the comparable Long Farmtrac it seems, but, still in the bargain arena.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #19  
I don't know if any of you folks have priced these 5525 and 6025's but they are an amazing bang for the buck.

Also if my memory serves me correctly all of Mahindra's 2WD tractors have the 8x2 transmissions.

/ Mahindra's newest 25 series tractors #20  
RedRiver said:
I don't know if any of you folks have priced these 5525 and 6025's but they are an amazing bang for the buck.

Also if my memory serves me correctly all of Mahindra's 2WD tractors have the 8x2 transmissions.

and they are heavy and powerful...........