Mahindra purchase

/ Mahindra purchase #71  
Dougster said:
Will do Keith... but for all I know there may be no problem at all. This noise may be normal (or at least non-detrimental) and I'd just never heard it before because I never had any real need to switch out of 4WD before. I'll tinker with it and monitor it over the next few weeks and let you know once I reach any conclusion. :)

Dougster
bump and any conclusions reached?

/ Mahindra purchase #72  
Cacinok said:
bump and any conclusions reached?
Conclusion: So far so good. :) The funny noise eventually went away on its own now that I am routinely switching between 2WD and 4WD as needed, keeping things clean & lubed in the linkage department... and using a LOT more 2WD than I ever imagined I would.

I did slip out of gear once the other day while in 2WD and dang near rolled down my steep front yard hill... but I believe that to have been a fluke incident and unrelated to anything other than the fact that I probably didn't have the red beast fully in gear! :eek: No harm and no repeats since that day. :)

Dougster

/ Mahindra purchase #73  
Dougster said:
Conclusion: So far so good. :) The funny noise eventually went away on its own now that I am routinely switching between 2WD and 4WD as needed, keeping things clean & lubed in the linkage department... and using a LOT more 2WD than I ever imagined I would.

I did slip out of gear once the other day while in 2WD and dang near rolled down my steep front yard hill... but I believe that to have been a fluke incident and unrelated to anything other than the fact that I probably didn't have the red beast fully in gear! :eek: No harm and no repeats since that day. :)

Dougster

I've accidentally knocked mine out of gear a time or two. I think it happens when I bump the range selector with my knee. Seems like it only happens when I have it in Low.

/ Mahindra purchase #74  
Keith_B said:
I've accidentally knocked mine out of gear a time or two. I think it happens when I bump the range selector with my knee. Seems like it only happens when I have it in Low.
Yep... I do that all the time. :eek: Need to lose a few pounds I guess! ;)

This was different... no hitting neither range nor gear lever. It just popped out of gear... nothing touched and it happened to do it at the worst possible time (on my steep hill with the engine acting as brake). But like I said, I think it was a fluke. I probably didn't have it properly engaged. I hit the brakes fast and no harm done at all. Hasn't happened since. I'm not worried about it and neither should anyone else! :)

Dougster

/ Mahindra purchase #75  
Dougster said:

Dougster
that's good to hear. i received delivery of my '04 3510 last night and got a few hours on it before i had to call it a night. i'm stating the obvious here, but what a HUGE change from my 27 year old long 2wd. lol.