Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #21  
The only reason I went with my dealer was that he actually answered his phone and returned my calls. Some Mahindra dealers in my area have never returned a call to me after repeated attempts to reach them.

I think this move will hurt the Mahindra dealers unless Mahindra corporate is going to start policing the quality of telephone service their dealers provide.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #22  
xlr82v2 said:
I just tried again this morning, and I STILL can't log into the 24/7 site...:rolleyes:

"No such user" is the message that I get.
Hey Brian,
I don't know if this will help but I had a heck of a time logging on too. I finally typed in my serial number (3 letters 4 numbers) with no dash or space. Also, no caps. I finally got it to go through. I don't know if it's because of the lack of dashes or spaces, but it worked. If you've already done that, email them if you haven't already. After I received the confirmation email from customer support, then I tried it and worked.

Mud:)

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #23  
Yep, tried all of that, every possible combination. Even sent an email. No reply as of yet...

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #24  
The various rebates that Mahindra issues and takes away makes it really hard to figure out the prices off of the MSRP. Mahindra will not let the dealers put their prices on the internet.
Bill of Bill's Tractor

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #25  
Maybe I'm wrong but if your manufacturing tractors wouldn't you want to get as many people as possibly to look at your product because I think most people will check pricing and brand name before deciding what t buy. So why make it harder for consumers?
Mahindra has no where near the dealer force and advertising that others have, I had to go over 90 miles for my dealer. I see twice the ads here in Iowa for New Holland and Deere than Mahindra. And the ad for Mahindra was on a satellite channel. So before buying my tractor I checked the MSRP price online and spend a lot of time on the internet reading everything I could find about it the Mahindra brand, a lot of time on this web site.

So I have to agree with others that someone at Mahindra and most likely a bean counter is making one **** of a mistake and it will come back to bit them.

All the dealers need every bit of help they can get to stay in business

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #26  
AchingBack said:
What's so wrong with making a phone call or two. When I bought my tractor in 2005, the MSRP was not a mystery. .

There is plenty wrong with this, For one, try calling several dealers in the newengland area, ask for the exact same thing and see what happens, Like the big 3, prices are crazy all over the place,, Posting MSRP keeps dealers from gouging and more or less in line. Not MSRP plus, or my MSRP happens to be, plus.. it is the same country wide,.. Several post also mention it was the only reason they chose Mahindra or Deere, This is a simple fact of life that marketers can"t seem to understand, Most people want to read a price and therefore they have an idea where they will go.. Marketers cause more damage to an organization that what they think they do for profits,, Post the MSRP again so people can choose what they need rather than go to the next tractor mfg that will post msrp.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #27  
10865 said:
The various rebates that Mahindra issues and takes away makes it really hard to figure out the prices off of the MSRP. Mahindra will not let the dealers put their prices on the internet.
Bill of Bill's Tractor

I think most people understand that dealer's prices are going to vary for a lot of reasons. Figuring your price based on all those reasons, including rebates, has got to be difficult and I can sympathize with that. But I have to agree with the other posters who feel it is better to show the MSRP. It is a natural and justifiably expected starting place when shopping for anything, especially big ticket items.
I called two Mahindra dealers when shopping and got quick and friendly responses to all my questions, including their price.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #28  
Is it just me or does it seem strange that you can go online and check out prices for a car or truck which can cost a lot more that most tractors and the
Big 3 have sales in the thousands of vehicles. Their reason for not listing MSRP prices makes no sense!

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #29  
If this group is a fair sampling of actual and perspective customers... this is simple... it's a bad move they have decided to make.

For me - owning orange but knowing I need bigger in a few years... I keep my nose to the ground and look... not having the "extra cheap" price of the Mahindra in front of me when I'm looking at web sites does not help win my heart - since I have plenty of history with the big 3 as real tractors and can "justify" the price premium - simply because they are the big 3...

Bad Mahindra... bad!