Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #1  

used4me

Hi All,

Anybody else noticed that the MSRP is no longer shown on the Mahindra web site ? Instead, just tells you to contact the dealer.

I, for 1, think this is a pretty regressive step.

Deere does it, Kubota is trying to do it and yet Mahindra who did do it, now doesn't.

I appreciated being able to get a ball park idea on pricing to see what would maybe fit in my budget.

Actually, after reading some things about Mahindra and going to their web site, it was 1 of the main things that made me look at Mahindras as I could work out some rough ideas on cost. Quite honestly, if the MRSP hadn't been there I probably wouldn't even be working on a deal for 1 right now.

Any other thoughts on this ?

Thanks and have a good 1.

TJ

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #2  
Yeah, I noticed that too this morning.

I don't know what to think of it... I guess the price gap between RED and Green and the 2 Oranges is maybe going to start closing in... Or, maybe they are giving the dealers more flexibility to set prices. Either way, I think it's a bad move for the customers. But then again, maybe it will initiate more contact between potential customers and the dealers. Who knows for sure, except HQ and the dealers...

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #3  
I bet there is a new marketing person. Some people believe in posting prices and others don't.

Personally, I think it's better to post prices. Keeps the dealers honest.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #4  
PBinWA said:
I bet there is a new marketing person.

Some people believe in posting prices and others don't.

Personally, I think it's better to post prices. Keeps the dealers honest.

I bet you are right! I agree!

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #5  
I like to ballpark prices as well - very helpful in comparing products. Just gives you an idea of where you need to look and gives the company and dealers more credibility.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #6  
Mahindra could possibly be getting a lot of heat from their dealers wanting them to remove the MSRP. If there is no price to compare to, then as a prospect, it's tough to come up with a logical decision when the "wants" and "needs" factors are involved. So the typical impulse is to "call" the dealer for details. It works in theory but I myself liked the prices displayed on their website. My thoughts anyway.

Mud

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #7  
I would look for MSRP to be back on there in a week or two. They are probably juggling some pricing issues, what w/ new products coming out and all...but just to clarify, we love MSRP being published, here at the dealer level.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #8  
I also like the MSRP's being displayed. I like to have a ballpark figure when I am buying something.
It is like people who are trying to sell stuff in the classifieds and they do not list the price. It will say call for pricing and details. Most of the time I never even give it a second look if no price is listed.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #9  
I like to know what the MSRP is as well. So I guess we're all suppose to stop in and asked the dealer what the going rate is? I don't know about you guys but the last time I stopped in (which was last week) and asked a dealer for a price on a tractor I was curious about he seemed like "I" was the one putting him out! Call me crazy but I thought these guys were into selling and presenting a product for sale. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I get the feeling they want to make sure "you" are commited to or are really serious about buying "their" tractor before they'll release some numbers. This mating dance turns more potential buyers off than most things. Just tell the basic price for the unit, I don't want to sit down in someones cramped office and crunch numbers all afternoon. OK, I feel better now.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #10  
The MSRP is not much of a guide for the Mahindra prices. In general I have found the actual prices to be much cheaper than the MSRP.