Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #11  
Keith_B said:
The MSRP is not much of a guide for the Mahindra prices. In general I have found the actual prices to be much cheaper than the MSRP.
Sure, but it gives you a place to start. It also serves as a comparison tool. If you know each manufacturers MSRP it lets you know how they stack up. You can figure all MSRPs are going to be higher than actual price. Typically you can buy for 12-18% off MSRP.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #12  
It doesn't matter what I am buying, if the seller makes me work to find out what the price is, I am either going to look elsewhere or show up at their door already unhappy with how they do business.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #13  
Consider, at one time there was no Mahindra website. The MSRP for products was however, available at the dealers. What's so wrong with making a phone call or two. When I bought my tractor in 2005, the MSRP was not a mystery. And when I asked for a small price break, I got it. I plan on owning my tractor for the next twenty plus years. I don't care if I could have spent another two weeks haggling with the dealer and saved another $100. I knew my dealer needed to make a profit to stay in business. Over twenty or thirty years, the hundred bucks isn't anywhere near the radar scope.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #14  
While I realize the MSRP gives you a rough idea of prices from different brands, most people who are serious buyers will contact their local dealers of the various brands to see how the "real" prices compare.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #15  
I doubt that I would own a Mahindra today if it were not for the MSRP being available on the web site. My old 9N was serving me well (still does) but I wanted to explore something that could dig and carry as well as mow and drag. I got comfortable enough with the Mahindra line and prices to explore compact tractors. I own a 3215 HST that internet exploration convinced me that I could afford it and secondly that I wanted to own it. I checked out the other brands but Mahindra was my choice. The straight forwardness of the Mahindra website started my quest and was the basis for my comparative search.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #16  
AchingBack said:
Consider, at one time there was no Mahindra website. The MSRP for products was however, available at the dealers. What's so wrong with making a phone call or two. When I bought my tractor in 2005, the MSRP was not a mystery. And when I asked for a small price break, I got it. I plan on owning my tractor for the next twenty plus years. I don't care if I could have spent another two weeks haggling with the dealer and saved another $100. I knew my dealer needed to make a profit to stay in business. Over twenty or thirty years, the hundred bucks isn't anywhere near the radar scope.
What's wrong with calling the Mahindra dealer for me is that it's a long distance phone call, as I'm sure it is for lots of folks. Besides have you tried calling my Mahindra dealer lately? I'm certain someone is chatting with their significant other on his time. I know they're not that busy.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #17  
RedRiver said:
While I realize the MSRP gives you a rough idea of prices from different brands, most people who are serious buyers will contact their local dealers of the various brands to see how the "real" prices compare.
Real prices are derived from MSRP!

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #18  
I was on Mahindra's 24/7 customer care "LIVE CHAT" website last night and asked about the MSRP issue. He (his name was Dave) stated that he didn't have enough information to reply to the issue but someone would contact me soon. Today, I received this:

Thank you for contacting Mahindra USA.

I am responding to the question about Mahindra removing the MSRP from our website. It was a marketing decision to open up more and better communication between the customers and the dealers. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thanks for choosing Mahindra.

"A Smile Is A Light In The Window Of The Soul, Indicating That The Heart Is At Home."

Best Regards,

Brenda Bradshaw,
Customer Relations
Mahindra USA, Inc.
17723 FM 2920
Tomball, TX 77377
1-800-887-2286 EXT. 321
brenda.bradshaw@mahindrausa.com

This came straight from Mahindra.

Hope this helps,
Mud

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #19  
Only time will tell, but personally I think this direction will hurt them! They must be counting on folks getting MSRP from other sites and the real price from them thus further seperating the price of the tractors when in all actuality the gap in price between them and the others is getting smaller.

/ Mahindra MSRP prices not on web site #20  
I just tried again this morning, and I STILL can't log into the 24/7 site...:rolleyes:

"No such user" is the message that I get.