Mahindra dies after turning it on its side

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #21  
Greenish gray at the front wheel? Front dif and axle lube . Gear oil and water.

If the engine has been "started" and now failed, pulling injectors to purge fluid is stupid. Damage done. Sitting 5 days should have allowed any crank case oil to drain back to the sump, but you never know.

If no damage, then suspect fuel delivery.

We need to get clearer on our terms.

"When I try to restart, the engine tries to start but only makes one short attempt to fire up but stops abruplty and doesn't turn over."

Low battery?, bent and broken engine internals? Fuel delivery won't keep the engine from cranking..

One cylinder still hydro-locked? It's a gonner if this is the case. 18:1 compression does not like liquid oil added to the combustion chamber volume.

The white smoke turning to grey is a good sign. The abrupt stop and failure to turn over is a VERY BAD sign.....Unless it's the battery! ;-)

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #24  
Thank you, I had another fella say the same in passing so I will see about getting that done.
And sometimes things can happen before you know it. I bet that was heck of a job he did by himself.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #25  
I'm going with take it into a mechanic. Sounds a lot like it hydrolocked to me with you're description of the smoke and sudden stop.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #26  
I am not a mechanic, but I have made my share of mistakes from which I have learned a little bit. Doesn't a rough running engine with white exhaust usually mean coolant in the combustion chamber?

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #27  
Had this happen to me on a dirt bike in the mountains, Dropped the bike over the side and it got caught on a bush with the engine top pointing downhill. It took several hours to retrieve it.
Engine could not be turned over after the recovery.
What happened? Hot oil migrated past the ring while on the slope and cooled there. Because the oil had cooled it would not go past the rings to the crankcase. so it was hydro locked. Removed the spark plug and turned the engine over to pump out the oil.
The engine then turned over and eventually started.

In your situation, if it was a diesel, you might have to temporarily remove the injectors and crank it over.
It will smoke and run like crap for a while after.

Sorry if this is repeated as I didn't take time to read all the postings.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #28  
Not a dumb question. The Mahindra MCRD engines are direct injection, so removing the injector would have the same effect as removing the spark plug from a gasoline engine to clear the cylinders.

Mahindra MCRD engines from the 1626 series and lower including the Max and eMax series are all indirect injection.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #29  
I am not a mechanic, but I have made my share of mistakes from which I have learned a little bit. Doesn't a rough running engine with white exhaust usually mean coolant in the combustion chamber?
Can be. Can also be fuel not burning. Can be a mix of those two. Could be oil build up in the case from leaking past the o-rings when it was on it's side.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #30  
Weclome to the gang, SmallRedTractor. Most people here are pretty helpful...and most of us honest enought to admit we don't have all the answers. There has even been a thread about the "dumbest things" we've ever done. Most were pretty honest and self-deprecating. Hope the matter comes out OK.