Mahindra dies after turning it on its side

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #1  

smallredltractor

Tractor
2019 Mahindra Emax 20
First time poster here.

I recently put my 2019 Mahindra 20 Emax on its side while clearing brush. Since I was alone, it took me about 3 hours to get it turned upright again. The tractor rolled onto its left side and, as the tractor laid there, the inside left tire rim filled with a light greenish/gray fluid. I could hear it as it poured out, kind of like pouring a small jug of milk out onto the ground.

Once upright, I let the tractor sit for 5 days and replaced the oil filter, air filter, and refilled with the recommended oil (can't remember if 5W40 or 15W40). The engine took an entire gallon of new oil.

After the filter replacements and new oil, I started the tractor. For about 3 seconds a lot of white smoke came out of the exhaust. A few seconds later, the smoke turned gray and the engine cut off. When I try to restart, the engine tries to start but only makes one short attempt to fire up but stops abruplty and doesn't turn over.

I understand the longer a tractor sits on its side, the worse the problem can get. I also had my bucket all the way up (pulling down vines) which increased my rollover chances.

I hope I didn't ruin my engine. I am debating whether to call a mechanic, take it to the dealer, or make an insurance claim if I am in big trouble.

Amazing how tipping on its side can cause so many problems. I guess it's a tractor/diesel weakness.

I have a short video I will try and upload showing the tractor die.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 558
  • tractor pic.jpg
    tractor pic.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 571
   / Mahindra dies after turning it on its side
Thank you, I had another fella say the same in passing so I will see about getting that done.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #6  
I do not think it is a tractor issue it is operator issue .
Kevin - I was flabbergasted at your comment. Here's a new member, has problems, writes a well constructed, fully informative post, and you write what you wrote.
Apparently you mother never taught you "If you can't say something nice (contributory), then don't say anything at all."
Did you think smallredtractor was going to feel better by your comment ?
I'm sorry he had to come to his own defense, and call you out. I certainly would have, and did.

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #7  
I don,t know much about your specific tractor, but before trying to turn it over again, remove the injectors, or spark plugs, cause it might be you have fuel or oil above the top of the pistons, and you cannot compress that, so your engine will not turn over. Hopefully you didn,t bend any rods already. Once you have removed all the injectors or plugs, try turning the engine over and see if it will spin.

Thank you, BO- I am thinking, since there weren't any loud or smashing noises that I might be ok with not bending or throwing a rod. I haven't removed the glow plugs yet. I will try that and also see if I can bleed any air out of the fuel system.

Kevin - I was flabbergasted at your comment. Here's a new member, has problems, writes a well constructed, fully informative post, and you write what you wrote.
Apparently you mother never taught you "If you can't say something nice (contributory), then don't say anything at all."
Did you think smallredtractor was going to feel better by your comment ?
I'm sorry he had to come to his own defense, and call you out. I certainly would have, and did.
thanks for the support HTWT

/ Mahindra dies after turning it on its side #10  
Welcome to TBN. Hopefully you weren't injured in the tip-over. (y)