Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery

/ Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery #1  

jrchafin

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahinda 7520
Hey folks. I have a 2007 Mahindra 7520 which I've owned since new. Recently it started intermittently beeping while in use, typically about 15-20 minutes after starting it. I've done all the maintenance on it recently, it has new trans oil/filter, engine oil/filter, fuel filters, and recently changed coolant. The tractor operates normally and there are no warning lights on the dash. I have tried resetting the maintenance reminder multiple times but that has no effect. If I shut the machine down it will stop, and then start up again about 15 minutes in, same as before. It doesn't really matter what I am doing with the machine, whether mowing with the PTO or just driving around using the loader.

I removed the transmission oil pressure sensor and put a gauge on it to verify that wasn't the problem. I have about 24 PSI at idle and well over 30 PSI when I throttle up, so that's normal. The Mahindra dealer told me it wouldn't be engine oil because there would be a warning light on the dash, and the machine would shut down on it's own after 5 minutes. I can continue to use it while it is beeping and it operates fine, but obviously I want to make sure nothing is wrong.

A tech at the dealer thinks it is the maintenance reminder and it just isn't resetting like it should. He told me to unplug the beeper and roll on, since there aren't any warning lights. I took the dash out today while it was beeping and verified that it is the beeper pictured below, which is labeled "Hooter IPTO" in the wiring diagram. That leads me to think this could have something to do with the PTO switch, but it doesn't matter if I am using the PTO or not. If I am using the PTO and it starts beeping, disengaging the PTO has no effect. Is this also the beeper used for the maintenance reminder? There are two beepers (hooters) shown in the wiring diagram, also shown below, and this is the one with the blue/black wires (L/B). It is not the main alarm buzzer with red/blue/white green (R-L W-G) that alarms when engine oil pressure is low, coolant temp is high, etc.

So after all that, the question is simple. Am I safe unplugging this Hooter IPTO and using the tractor?

Attachments

• TractoriPTO.jpg
    TractoriPTO.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • Tractorbeeper.jpg
    Tractorbeeper.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
   / Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery #2  
Looks like your "hooter" is tied to the implement or independent PTO switch. Might look at the switch for an issue. Obviously the PTO still works but the diagram shows it with the switch. So if the hooter is beeping wouldn't that be a honker?

/ Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery #5  
Yeah I just watched that video too.

Could it be something to do with independent PTO? Does the Mahindra have ground speed / independent PTO modes?

EDIT: IPTO clutch Little bit of info there. Does your model have the two levers on the left for engaging the PTO?

/ Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery
Yeah I just watched that video too.

Could it be something to do with independent PTO? Does the Mahindra have ground speed / independent PTO modes?

EDIT: IPTO clutch Little bit of info there. Does your model have the two levers on the left for engaging the PTO?
Yep, Jon here. There is only 1 manual lever to engage PTO. Maybe there is an option for a different control and the "hooter" gets installed either way. Thanks for the info.

/ Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery #9  
I have a 2007 Mahindra 6520. I always thought the only differences between the 7520 and the 6520 is a turbo, bigger tires, more hyd. pump gpm and a two speed 500/1000 rpm PTO.
That being said, I leave my IPTO lever engaged and the PTO lever OFF. If these two levers are out of sequence, the hooter will blow. Mine hoots when left in disengage, so I leave it in engage.
Mahindra IPTO.jpg

Attachments

• Mahindra PTO.jpg
    Mahindra PTO.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
   / Mahindra 7520 beeper mystery #10  
What video? I don't see a video.