Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #501  
Question for the fellow 5155 owners.

I have 15 acres that has been partially cleared, set for homesite and now I have underbrush and stumps to grind, after the loggers came through and took what they wanted.
That was done before I bought the property.

So, what suggestions can you all give me for a PTO stump grinder that will work well with the 5155?

This will be added to our equipment line (for our small business) so the stump grinder will see local use outside of our property.

I'm new to this, so bare with me. I'm always open to suggestions on equipment.

Thanks in advance!!!!

~ Darren
no experience with them but i avoid them due to high maintenance and wear on the tractor. if you have a business case for it that would be different. sorry no help here, i just like the sound of my keyboard clicking.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #502  
Question for the fellow 5155 owners.

I have 15 acres that has been partially cleared, set for homesite and now I have underbrush and stumps to grind, after the loggers came through and took what they wanted.
That was done before I bought the property.

So, what suggestions can you all give me for a PTO stump grinder that will work well with the 5155?

This will be added to our equipment line (for our small business) so the stump grinder will see local use outside of our property.

I'm new to this, so bare with me. I'm always open to suggestions on equipment.

Thanks in advance!!!!

~ Darren
Are you talking 15 acres of stumps?
l’d hire an excavator if so.
I’ve used both the dedicated and 3 point grinders.
The 3 point is a literal pain in the neck and 4 times slower than say a $20k Vermeer.
I dunno the width of stumps you’re referring to but w a 3 point, a generalization is around 1 minute per inch of width then multiply that by the number of stumps.
The excavator digs a hole next to the stump and buries the thing in about 3 minutes.
Less than a minute for 5 to 8” ones.
If you have rocks, be sure to get plenty of extra teeth for the grinder.
A good set of a dozen is around $300 at Baileys.
A 15/16” socket works well on a battery powered impact.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #503  
no experience with them but i avoid them due to high maintenance and wear on the tractor. if you have a business case for it that would be different. sorry no help here, i just like the sound of my keyboard clicking.
Not so much the wear on the tractor but on the grinder itself. Pain in the butt to hook up the extra width shaft as well.
Huge difference w the species of wood as to how fast one can go.
Pines are nothing. Oaks are another story.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #504  
Are you talking 15 acres of stumps?
l’d hire an excavator if so.
I’ve used both the dedicated and 3 point grinders.
The 3 point is a literal pain in the neck and 4 times slower than say a $20k Vermeer.
I dunno the width of stumps you’re referring to but w a 3 point, a generalization is around 1 minute per inch of width then multiply that by the number of stumps.
The excavator digs a hole next to the stump and buries the thing in about 3 minutes.
Less than a minute for 5 to 8” ones.
If you have rocks, be sure to get plenty of extra teeth for the grinder.
A good set of a dozen is around $300 at Baileys.
A 15/16” socket works well on a battery powered impact.
No, it's only about 30-40 stumps, most are pine, and range from 6" up to 10" or so. I figued the PTO grinder would be a start, and if buisness picks up, I'd go with a dedicated commercial grinder.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #505  
That is fantastic information. I have a call in with my Dealer to discuss. Most likely, it will be the WR Long kit. This is my first tractor, but I grew up running equipment. There will be a learning curve, I'm sure. Thank you for this post. Definitely helps me understand the difference. I think being able to move the grapple while curling or raising / lowering is a win. I have a lot of downed trees and underbrush to clear, so the root grapple will be my most used attachment right off the bat.
FYI I stumbled across a YouTube video by Rookie Farmer. He installs a WR long kit on a 5145. It might be worth watching for you.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #506  
Ok, it's now officially official! Signed on the dotted line yesterday. Picking up the 5155 tomorrow!!! Dealer Service is making sure all fluids are topped off, making sure the WR Long third function kit is done correctly and everything works. Looking forward to getting this tractor home and putting it to work!

Now to find info on break in procedures and such. Dealer is "looking" for the Owner's Manual for me. Humph.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #507  
Ok, it's now officially official! Signed on the dotted line yesterday. Picking up the 5155 tomorrow!!! Dealer Service is making sure all fluids are topped off, making sure the WR Long third function kit is done correctly and everything works. Looking forward to getting this tractor home and putting it to work!

Now to find info on break in procedures and such. Dealer is "looking" for the Owner's Manual for me. Humph.
Not much for "break in".
Oil change and filter at 50 hrs.
200 hrs change out the hydraulic fluid and filters.

Some recommend an idle for a couple minutes to let the turbo cool down but if you were at low rpms while using the tractor, that's like a cool down.
This is a good "weighty" tractor that will do alot of work for you.
Congrats on the tractor and just use it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #508  
Don't baby this thing.
Engine speed (over 2000 rpms) is necessary for a good hydrodynamic film between lifters and camshaft so don't be afraid of higher rpms.
As I said, just use it and you'll be fine.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #509  
Gonna put it to work this Saturday and Sunday. Had 19 dump truck loads of crushed concrete delivered, linking my driveway. Can't wait to get this thing home! Thanks for the response. Much appreciated! Once I get it on the trailer, I will post a picture! Picking up my new Side by Side at the same time.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #510  

congrats now get some dirt on it, the photos will hurt my eyes otherwise