Mahindra 3525 decisions?

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #1  

PetersonQH

I'm thinking about purchasing a 3525, for our small horse operation. Right now I am using a A-C WC for baling, and have someone cut my 8 acres of hay for me. I would like use this for mowing the hay with something like a 7ft NH haybine, but I'm not sure it will do the job, waht are your opinions?

I have been quoted $17,100 for the tractor w/ FEL, how does the price sound?

Thanks,
Mark

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #2  
i dont know where you are located but we bought a mahindra 5525 with fel for 16,575 at woodards tractor and equipment in gray,georgia.

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #4  
I bought my 3525 back in August 2007, and that price is WAY high, by at least $2500 or more. The dealer can do much better, should be able to get down in the 14-15K range easy, closer to 14K, if prices haven't gone up too much for '08.

I think it would handle a 7' haybine just fine, especially if you're on flat ground. If you're ground is fairly hilly, you may want a little bit bigger tractor. But HP wise, I think you'll be OK.

I love my 3525, it's probably the best kept secret out there in the tractor world... by far the best bang for the buck available! No bells and whistles, just a strong, basic, no nonsense, dependable tractor!;)

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions?
XLR,

I was thinking it would work, I was doubting myself a little when I looked up the HP for the haybine on NH's web site, it stated 30 hp or greater, I was thinking PTO, but that is the "tractor requirement". Our hayfield isn't hilly, but does have some gentle rolling to it.

Yeah, I beleive I can do better on price also, I believe I can get down around 13k maybe a little less.

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #6  
Wow, if you can get him below 14K for the tractor AND FEL, then that's quite an accomplishment for a new 3525. Do you have some blackmail material against your dealer, or are you looking at a used one?:)

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #7  
PetersonQH said:
XLR,

I was thinking it would work, I was doubting myself a little when I looked up the HP for the haybine on NH's web site, it stated 30 hp or greater, I was thinking PTO, but that is the "tractor requirement". Our hayfield isn't hilly, but does have some gentle rolling to it.

Yeah, I beleive I can do better on price also, I believe I can get down around 13k maybe a little less.

If you can get it for 13k or less count me in for 6 of them since that is less than dealer cost.

Buck

Well I will let you guys know, they are a new dealer, so I don't know how they will be with the "wiggle room"?

/ Mahindra 3525 decisions? #9  
Peterson QH,

When I as on the farm years ago we had a Allis Chalmbers WD-45 and ran it on a haybine. It wasn't a 7' though. Our haybine gave our WD-45 all it wanted and we have extremely flat land.

I look up on Tractor data.com and saw a WD-45 has 38.9 hp at the PTO. The Mahindra website says a 3525 has 27 hp at the PTO.

If I were you I would ask the dealer if I could cut a swath or two of hay before I bought the 3525.

I personally think is just a little to small for the job. I own a 3325, almost the same tractor except no PS or live clutch. They do have the same engine. I love my tractor and it pulls a 5' bush hog in extremely heavy grass in 2nd high. I did have a WD-45 pulling the same bush hog it pulled it in 3rd. (I love Allis Chalmbers especially the WD-45 and D-17's I would own an AC if you could get parts.)

I would try out the 3525 before I bought it.

In 2006 I bought my 3325 without a FEL and paid $8,950 plus tax before rebate. I was offered a 3525for around $2,000 more without a FEL. So in my mind the $17,100 is a little high. But it is 2008 now and not 2006.

Don

Don,

Thanks for the information, what size of haybine did you run? I don't have a haybine yet, but that is waht I was looking for, maybe I can see if they can get on off consignment feom someone?

Mark