Mahindra 2538 5th year review

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #1  

BuggyMasters

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
Well I’m in my 5th year of ownership now. I’ve got 160 or so hours. I still stand by this: Of all the major purchases I’ve made in my life, this tractor is at or near the top of my most satisfying and actually worth the expense. I have picked up and stacked trees into a burn pile using the grapple, drug the driveway a million times, created a driveway, moved countless tons of gravel, bushhogged many a acres, reshaped the earth, carried very large heavy things from A to B, and smiled the entire time. I absolutely love this thing. The biggest problem I have is maintaining the self control it takes in not going to buy an even bigger one. Certainly not because the one I got doesn’t do everything I need it to though.

When I first was on the fence about getting a tractor I’m glad I came here and was pushed onto the buying side. If anyone else finds themself in a similar situation, just go for it.

Money well spent.

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #2  
I'll second that motion! I too, am in the 5th year of ownership. Only difference is I have just shy of 1600 hours on mine. Moved mountains of dirt, gravel, graded ½ mile of drive, mowed 10 acres on a regular basis (finish mower, not bush hog). Moved 100 tons of various aggregates.

I take care of it with proper and frequent maintenance. But so far no real issues. Had to replace a seal on a curl cylinder a year or so ago, and had the ECU updated about 4 years ago.

Purrs like a kitten, works like a mule.

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #3  
Does anyone know if there are radio wires from the factory on the open station 2538. I know they are on the cab models, not sure on open station. Thanks in advance!

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #4  
There is a 12v pig tail under the shroud for the fuel tank. I used it to electrify a fan for the open station when it gets 90° or better and humid. Certainly could use that for a radio if you wanted.
Trick is where to mount your radio

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #5  
Well my thought is to use a fender mount radio as no cab. I think there is room to do that. Thanks for your help.

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #6  
Well my thought is to use a fender mount radio as no cab. I think there is room to do that. Thanks for your help.
Hope you're planning on using ear buds for the radio. I'd never be able to listen to one, between the engine noise and PTO implement noise.

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #7  
going on 6 yrs and 650 hrs , had to replace a hard line underneath last yr , got the part in less than a week was back in business in about 20 minutes, very happy with it.

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #8  
Does anyone have to part # for the WIX oil filter on a Mahindra 2538 hst open station? Thanks in advance for your help!

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #9  
Wix engine oil filter: 51324
Wix hydraulic filter: 51586
Wix air: 46489
Wix air: 46490

/ Mahindra 2538 5th year review #10  
Thank you for you help, now the only one I need is the fuel filter. Hopefully there is someone out there that has a number for that. Thanks again Duffer!