Magnetic brooms

/ Magnetic brooms #21  
Oh, one other concept,,
Do you have a small airport nearby?
They may rent or loan you their magnet.
Most airports have a vehicle mounted magnet, typically wider than a pickup.
Drive around, the magnet finds anything magnetic.
I passed on one of those magnets at a surplus store one time, I am still thinking it would have been fun to own.

The airport magnet is powerful, and BIG! a small airport surely would be interested in earning a few$$,,

/ Magnetic brooms #22  
At government lab auction they had a like new, two trailer tired, 8’, pull behind, electromagnet sweeper. 20hp generator and rectifier for power. Movable Aluminum or stainless plate to help release. Sold for scrap. Sometimes I wish I had bought it just to see what it could find. 300 years of homestead, moonshine, pit saw to sawmill and farming always finding interesting metal.

/ Magnetic brooms #23  
At government lab auction they had a like new, two trailer tired, 8’, pull behind, electromagnet sweeper. 20hp generator and rectifier for power. Movable Aluminum or stainless plate to help release. Sold for scrap. Sometimes I wish I had bought it just to see what it could find. 300 years of homestead, moonshine, pit saw to sawmill and farming always finding interesting metal.
🙂 I once bought an inexpensive metal detector to play with. It went nuts in this former farmyard. A lot of effort to find the prize, of, a broken plow point. Now I understand why people search on beaches. Easy digging. 😅

/ Magnetic brooms #24  
When a nail/staple/screw went into wife’s tire I removed the tire, took it into town and had Discount Tire repair it for “free” … easy peasy (but time consuming)

I’m rather new to this whole tractor owner thing… however, I’ve seen what’s involved with changing loader tires and it didn’t look cheap… hoists, hydraulic arms, BIG pneumatic wrenches…obviously a much larger tire involved there…

I don’t have the capability to load a flat rear tractor tire into the back of my pickup, so… What is a reasonable cost assumption for repairing a tractor tire at my rural home?

FWIW, my new tractor came from the dealer with inner tubes due to the calcium they use as ballast so just plugging the tire isn’t a option for me…
I contacted a mobile equipment repair guy that has done work for a company I use to work with. A tube and calcium pump in/out was going to be roughly $200+ the tube alone is about $80 for my TC40.

/ Magnetic brooms #25  
I know this is from back in March, and hopefully the cleanup went well.

I just wanted to suggest that following a diligent effort with the magnet, you could take a metal detector to the area to search for stow-a ways. You don't have to dig up every single item, just ensure that there is not waiting hazard in the spot that signaled/ indicated metal.