Machine shed?

/ Machine shed? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
I need to get my machines under cover. Plans for garages, pole barns and the like face many obstacles.

So, I was thinking, for now, of a "car port" deal, even if open on all sides, This is made more attractive by the fact the town does not require permits for "detached" buildings of under 144 sq ft. So I could put up a free standing (or two) 10x14 "pole supported roofs" with a packed stone base.I really just want to keep them out of the sun and rain.

Thinking as simple as possible, with probably some kind of steel roof. Looking for ideas, such as where to get smaller quantities of roof material (26 ga. minimum?), to pour concrete "piles" for the upright supports, or just direct bury, and like that.

/ Machine shed? #2  
I wish you were close to Virginia. I have lots of steel roofing I could give you.

/ Machine shed? #3  
Those "car ports" are decent, and cheap. I'd be worried of them blowing away, in a real good wind storm.

/ Machine shed? #6  
I do need to build a tractor shed as my L is too tall with the canopy on to fit in the old lean too.

I'm in the Fredericksburg area so I guess it depends on what you consider s. central lol

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app