Tires M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Have a 2013 Kubota M59 tractor loader sold as a landscape model. 3pt hitch but no backhoe. Been looking for BT1200 backhoe attachment. Advice on looking and what would fit is welcome. East Tennessee area.

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #2  
Have a 2013 Kubota M59 tractor loader sold as a landscape model. 3pt hitch but no backhoe. Been looking for BT1200 backhoe attachment. Advice on looking and what would fit is welcome. East Tennessee area.

I didn't know you could buy the M59 that way. What you need to check is if yours came with the parts that allow you to take off the 3pt hitch and mount a BT1200 directly to the frame like on most M59s. The beauty of the M59 is that the BT1200 is a rigid frame mount rather than a 3pt backhoe. That makes it the BH about twice as useful. If you have the mounting points, I'd bite the bullet and get the BT1200 made for the M59. It's a nice system.

Of course if you don't want to do that, any 3pt backhoe will fit your Cat II 3pt hitch. 3pt hoes cost less and do less but are universal mount. I've had several.
rScotty

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment
Thanks for the advice. A M59 tractor loader without a backhoe was an option. The frame mounts and hydraulics are all there to attach a backhoe. Probably not many sold this way. Would not want an aftermarket or 3pt mount backhoe. Traded a L3800 with a Rhino frame mount backhoe for the M59. If I can’t reach the backhoe controls while operating the tractor loader on hilly ground it is too dangerous. Have to able to swing the boom uphill and adjust the stabilizers safely often. Operated Ford 4500 backhoe, Kubota B20 and B26 for decades.
Finding a used BT1200 is going to be tough.

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #4  
Thanks for the advice. A M59 tractor loader without a backhoe was an option. The frame mounts and hydraulics are all there to attach a backhoe. Probably not many sold this way. Would not want an aftermarket or 3pt mount backhoe. Traded a L3800 with a Rhino frame mount backhoe for the M59. If I can’t reach the backhoe controls while operating the tractor loader on hilly ground it is too dangerous. Have to able to swing the boom uphill and adjust the stabilizers safely often. Operated Ford 4500 backhoe, Kubota B20 and B26 for decades.
Finding a used BT1200 is going to be tough.

Good. It sounds like you know what you are looking for. Now that the M59 has become the M62, there might be one or more overstock BT1200s floating around. If you find one, the price could be good....after all, with that specialized pin mounting who else can use it? It won't mount to a 3pt. I'd ask a really big dealer how to locate one.

And if you can't find a BT1200 and have to buy a brand new hoe, I wonder if the M62 hoe would fit? Kubota might have changed the mounting position, but it looks very close. Close enough to take another look for sure.
rScotty

After looking for three years finally found a used BT1200 backhoe attachment for my M59. Delivered yesterday. Heavy rascal. Would been a hard lift for a smaller tractor. Has thumb without quick attach bucket. A few bumps and bruises but good low hour shape. Have to install couplers on my tractor to connect.
Saw this backhoe for sale in a large Canadian auction after it was sold. A dealer above Detroit bought it with other equipment to resale. They helped with finding transportation for 500 miles to Knoxville Tennessee. Dreaded and fretted about the risk of buying without acutually seeing it in person but with a reputable dealer helping it all worked out.
IMG_1295.JPG

Bought from Rosseel Farm and Garden in chesterfield Michigan.

rosseelsonline.com

Would recommend and buy from again.

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #7  
Yes I think mine weights 2100 lbs. Great ballast and great machine. Enjoy!

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #8  
After looking for three years finally found a used BT1200 backhoe attachment for my M59. Delivered yesterday. Heavy rascal. Would been a hard lift for a smaller tractor. Has thumb without quick attach bucket. A few bumps and bruises but good low hour shape. Have to install couplers on my tractor to connect.
Saw this backhoe for sale in a large Canadian auction after it was sold. A dealer above Detroit bought it with other equipment to resale. They helped with finding transportation for 500 miles to Knoxville Tennessee. Dreaded and fretted about the risk of buying without acutually seeing it in person but with a reputable dealer helping it all worked out.
View attachment 632729

Congratulations!
You will love that backhoe.
I have it's one foot shorter cousin, the BT1100, on my L48 TLB.

With the thumb and 24” bucket installed about 2650#. Plus bucket full with a big block of ice!
Straightening up the sheet metal deck. Deciding on couplers. The foot steps on the out riggers are mangled? Maybe the bucket could reach them?
I find the rubber out rigger pads on past backhoes most useful. $160 option. I need to make sure that is for 4 pads.
The bucket toothbar has been ripped. Looks to be professionally repaired and reinforced so time will tell.

/ M59 BT1200 backhoe attachment #10  
Nice hoe! I'd like one, but can't justify it. Yet.