Lynch Pin being lost?

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
what to you guys do to keep from losing your lynch pins? I prefer Lynch Pins over Hair Pins, but every time I finish brush mowing, I notice my lynch pin goes missing - never lost the hitch pin yet... Maybe my Hitch Pin is too long?

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #2  
Funny you'd mention this... just two days ago I lost a hairpin on a 2" receiver locking pin going through thick brush. That didn't surprise me. However, I have a rear hitch with a hitch pin, that has a linchpin keeper. I lost that linchpin. Don't know why. Must have snagged on a vine or something.

I keep about half a dozen in my trailer box just because of how often they come up missing. I'd like to find something more secure as well, but don't want to go the bolt and nylon nut route just yet, but its coming to that.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #3  
Some are much stronger than others. I had to look for a while. I was losing them all the time on the bottom mount of my three point but after I put the special ones in I have never lost one since. In my case the stronger ones were black not the normal anodized color. They were hard to open compared to the normal ones.

Last edited:
   / Lynch Pin being lost? #4  
I have some of mine on little steel wire lanyards, attached to the implement. That works well.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #5  
I have some of mine on little steel wire lanyards, attached to the implement. That works well.
Yup.
A little piece of stainless aircraft safety wire will work.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #6  
My stuff uses the smaller ones that are like a quarter each so I just keep a handful in toolbox....I don't really lose them often, but for a quarter, not spending a whole lot of time beating the brush to find one gone missing.....

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #7  
Yup.
A little piece of stainless aircraft safety wire will work.

I'll often use short pieces of stripped #12 romex conductors and use a hay wire twist...

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #8  
A finish mower is the quickest way to find a lost lynch pin.

Go ahead, ask me how I know...:duh:

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #9  
X2 on the black heavy lynch pins. Somewhat related, I keep 2 extras on one of those transmission filter magnetic rings on the pto shield.