Lynch Pin being lost?

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #11  
Slip a nylon tye wrap around the ring and the pin if you have a pocket knife or leatherman with you they are easy to remove

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #14  
My stuff uses the smaller ones that are like a quarter each so I just keep a handful in toolbox....I don't really lose them often, but for a quarter, not spending a whole lot of time beating the brush to find one gone missing.....

Still only a quarter? That's what I paid for the spares from TSC many, many years ago.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #15  
what to you guys do to keep from losing your lynch pins? I prefer Lynch Pins over Hair Pins, but every time I finish brush mowing, I notice my lynch pin goes missing - never lost the hitch pin yet... Maybe my Hitch Pin is too long?

Carry a bunch of extras in my tool box.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #17  
Like others have said, the HD black pins are very strong and I've never lost one. Sometimes I gripe about how difficult they are to open, but that's better than losing a pin.
I lost a pin pulling a sprayer one time, and dropped the sprayer tongue into the lawn. The tongue stuck in and stopped the sprayer movement instantly, but the pump continued to run. It was a 12v sprayer and the pump stopped a few seconds later after I tore out the power cord from the tractor before I knew what happened. I use much better pins these days.

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #18  
X2 on the black heavy lynch pins. Somewhat related, I keep 2 extras on one of those transmission filter magnetic rings on the pto shield.

You know thanks for the tip...Harbor Freight sells cheap magnets. 1/2 inch by 3 I think.
So next time I'm there will pick up a few packs.
A magnet on top of the PTO cover should hold 3 or four pins pretty easy! sweet!

/ Lynch Pin being lost? #19  
You know thanks for the tip...Harbor Freight sells cheap magnets. 1/2 inch by 3 I think.
So next time I'm there will pick up a few packs.
A magnet on top of the PTO cover should hold 3 or four pins pretty easy! sweet!

YES, another poster suggested a a magnet strip to retain pins while U do equipment changes. That is my next 'add on' project as I never find where I left the removed ones. (old age)