LX3310 Purchase

/ LX3310 Purchase #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
I may be upgrading from my very low hour 2014 BX25d and considering a LX3310. Comparing the LX to the larger L series, I believe the LX is the right size for my limited needs and the natural progression from my present tractor. I purchased my BX from Messicks and would likely purchase the LX there. When pricing a loaded LX3310 with loader, BH, and most all options online it comes to about $39k MSRP. Given current events, are their any discounts to be had? As with my BX, I would also have them add a Landpride grapple and larger SU tires (I have no plans to run a MMM) What’s the difference between the R4 tires and R14s. Thank you....

Last edited:
   / LX3310 Purchase #2  
If your going with the large series tires on the SU and a backhoe just bump up to the small L series. Loader is much more substantial if doing heavy work. Very little difference in physical size once larger tires are put on the LX. For me buying the LX made sense because of the less weight on lawn and garden and it will mainly be used for landscaping. No backhoe and loader work won't be heavy. Huge difference in the LX vs L loader construction and size even though weight lifted are close.

It's crazy that tractors are selling extremely well while we're in covid19. Don't expect huge or maybe any discounts. It's a seller's market right now. Resale of the small L with backhoe will be much better than the LX in the future.

Last edited:
   / LX3310 Purchase #3  
I may be upgrading from my very low hour 2014 BX25d and considering a LX3310. Comparing the LX to the larger L series, I believe the LX is the right size for my limited needs and the natural progression from my present tractor. I purchased my BX from Messicks and would likely purchase the LX there. When pricing a loaded LX3310 with loader, BH, and most all options online it comes to about $39k MSRP. Given current events, are their any discounts to be had? As with my BX, I would also have them add a Landpride grapple and larger SU tires (I have no plans to run a MMM) What’s the difference between the R4 tires and R14s. Thank you....

The LX has just been introduced and supplies of units are low so do not expect any incentives for awhile. I believe the $700 discount for the purchase of 2 implements is all that is available.

IIRC, the oversized tires are available in R4 only. Be advised, that the oversized tires require front steering stops which increase the turning radius and affect maneuverability.

Plenty of information about R14T tires on the net.

I'm interested in a 3310 as well but will not consider buying now.

SDT

/ LX3310 Purchase #5  
If your not mowing, I would strongly consider jumping to a L series tractor.

/ LX3310 Purchase
The L is more tractor than I need even though it's priced similarly to the LX. I could make due with my current BX, but just feel it's time for something new in the shed. The larger R14s are an option on Kubota's build page. thanks

/ LX3310 Purchase #7  
The L is more tractor than I need even though it's priced similarly to the LX. I could make due with my current BX, but just feel it's time for something new in the shed. The larger R14s are an option on Kubota's build page. thanks

Be advised that the oversized tires preclude the use of tire chains.

SDT

/ LX3310 Purchase
^^ No problem, I won't be running chains. thanks!

/ LX3310 Purchase #9  
Just went through this same dilemma. Deciding between an LX3310 and an L3301. Loader, R14s (w/ Rimguard), 1 rear remote, and a 5' LandPride Cutter. The LX was a few hundred less than the L. Once I added the extendable links and cruise to the L, it ended up being just over a $1000 more. I chose to go with the L. I had a real rough time deciding because of was worried about the size when in use in the barn cleaning out and the fact the LX out-spec'd the L on the 3pt. In the end, the extra weight of the L and the beefier loader - even though only spec'd 15 pounds more lift, won. I was torn and was leaning toward the L. When my wife saw them, she said, the L isn't that much bigger, lets get the bigger one. I looked at the salesman and said, the lady has spoken. We will get the L. We should pick it up later this week. They had to get the R14s in. They didn't have any. Then they had to add the extendable links, rear remote, and the cruise.