LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever?

/ LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever? #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
Hi,

I’ve looked through the parts catalog for the tractor but can’t find this part if it even exists. I think that there’s a gasket missing for the 2WD to 4WD lever, I noticed that it’s a pretty large opening to allow hornets through. Is there a gasket for this?
Screenshot 2023-06-26 121301.jpg

Last edited:
   / LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever? #2  
usually the smaller cabs are less sealed and more noisy it is why I went with the grand L40 series instead of the B series with cabs. that and I needed three rear remotes instead of just two.

/ LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever?
That doesn't really help or answer my question.... I'm looking to see if there's a 1st or 3rd party option to seal that.

/ LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever? #4  
Sorry, let me re-phrase that. I don't think there is a factory option to seal up that lever other than upgrading to a grand L but if you like McGyver you can probably make something out of fabric and duct tape. I assumed you had looked through the catalogs online.

a rubber flap with a slot cut in it may work better since the throw of the lever is quite long and would be easier to make than a shifter boot style fabric and duct tape setup.

Good idea on the rubber- suggestions on where to look for that?

Here's the opening:
Scan from 2023-06-26 06_05_18 PM.jpg

/ LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever? #6  
You're missing part number 100 on your diagram-yes?
The part number is given.
Good Luck!

You're missing part number 100 on your diagram-yes?
The part number is given.
Good Luck!
It appears that part # 100 is a boot but am not clear. I'm checking with Messick's as well. I was hoping that someone here has the same tractor to confirm that the boot is there.
Here's a place to start:

Or you could buy a door sweep and quickly fabricobble your own and have leftovers for your friends:

That's funny, I was thinking of the same thing...

Update, I found a Youtube video of my tractor model and there is a boot there. I'm pretty sure that part 100 is it. I'm going to go into my local dealer and see if they have it.
Screenshot 2023-06-27 090040.jpg

/ LX 2610 Cab - Gasket for 2WD-4WD Lever? #10  
I stand corrected. Back when I was looking at a b3030 I was disappointed to see that the cabs are really not sealed very well. especially around the rear remote levers.

I guess at the price they charge now a days they had no choice but to improve the sealing.