LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat?

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #1  

goddom

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS G3038H
Hello,
So I have 2013 G3038H tractor with about 1050hrs on it, and the tractor moves so slowly now - in all gears (high, medium and low). Fluid is not very old, and still looks clean. I changed the filter recently and cut it open to see if there was any metal debris in it - but it was clean.

The dealer has kind of given me mixed information on what might be going on. One guy said the hydrostat was toast. Another suggested that a hydraulic distibution block for the loader and hydrostat could have a pressure leak.

I think you guys will be much more helpful than they are! LOL

Last edited:
   / LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #2  
Is it slow in reverse?

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #4  
Just spitballing, did you check the linkage from the pedals?

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat?
Just spitballing, did you check the linkage from the pedals?
I have. It seems like its a pretty solid rod to a lever on a rod that goes into the hydrostat casing. I had speculated that maybe the rod loosened up internally and isn't moving the squash plate properly.

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #6  
Well, that's not good if thats the case. No adjustment points externally? I'm not familiar with LS.

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat?
Well, that's not good if thats the case. No adjustment points externally? I'm not familiar with LS.
None that I can see. I will try and take some pictures tomorrow and post them.

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #8  
Yeah, you're going to get more help with pics.

/ LS Tractor - Drives Slowly - Bad Hydrostat? #9  
I’m not familiar with your model but many of the smaller LS tractors had a roll pin wear problem on the hydro pedal/lever actuation rod. Pedal moved, rod moved, just not as much as it should.