LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #171  
Can't seem to edit my original post any longer to update the regen hours, but I have had 2 more since they changed the injectors at 397 hours and forced a regen in the shop:

Have you looked into a way to disable the regen?

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL
Have you looked into a way to disable the regen?
Just the thread about it here in this forum. The emissions portion of the tractor is still under warranty, so I won't delete that (if/when possible) until it's out of warranty.

What kind of work were you doing during those 14 hours ?
Mostly loader and landscape rake work @~2k rpm with a little stump grinding in there @~2.4k rpm.

Last edited:
   / LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #174  
I have an MT235HE that I bought new last year, so not the exact same as you but similar.

When I read this thread I decided to track the tractor initiated regenerations. I have averaged 35 hours between regens so far. My regenerations have been:
26 (1st ReGen)
  • approx. hour range as I did not write it down when it happened; +/- a couple hours though
  • In the 0-26 hour range, I was new to tractoring so I was babying the RPM and keeping it to idle as much as possible (probably not a good idea now that I know a little more)

83.6 (57.6 since prior regen)
  • In the 26-83 hour range, I was running a snow blower at PTO speeds most of that time.

114.1 (30.5 since prior regen)
  • in the 83-114 hour range, I was operating a box Blade on a bit of a side hill so I was creeping the full time to ensure I did not find a hole or rock that would cause the tractor to roll.

139.1 (25 since prior regen)
  • In the 114-139 hour range, I was operating a Post hole digger at low speeds so I was not surprised to see the regen be initiated.

The Regen has been only mildly irritating - after talking with the dealership after the first one, I just keep working and keep the RPMs high until it finishes. If the cycle were every 5-10 hours that would be very irritating.

Last edited:
   / LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #175  
Have never shut mine down for regen, if and when a regen does start I have always been able to find some work to do until it’s finished, so far with only 300 hours it usually regens pretty close to the time it’s supposed to, i usually write down when it regenerates So I have a record to look at if it ever does become a problem

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #176  
I have about 68 hours on my MT573 and it's regened once right at 50 hours.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #177  
Could it be thermostat is not hot enough?
Sensor bad or needs cleaning?

willy

dealer checked the thermostat and operating temp, also changed the sensor which I believe checks the pressure within the DPF, no change.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #179  
Is it part of the manufacturers programming to force tractors into limp mode when the regen process isn’t followed or goes wrong for some reason? Why would they essentially program the engine to be disabled? Or have to be reset at the dealer?

Yes, if you inhibit the regens for too long and/or the DPF pressure builds up to a certain level, the RPM of the engine gets reduces and has to be reset by the dealership.
Had another regen today while stump grinding, 9 hours from the last one. Including the one the dealer did during the injector swap, I've had 4 regens in 38 hours. Here is mu current totals, and as before, I might have missed some, and I wasn't really keeping track before 100hrs until I realized there was a problem.

Regen time on hour meter, all regens completed successfully after ~15 minutes:

4 (ran by dealer due to error code, day after I brought it home)
115 (Dealership replaced DPF Sensor, removed and cleaned DPF)
254 (Dealership replaced ECU and DPF sensor. Invoice notes “REGEN OCCURRING TO OFTEN WITH NO SOOT LOAD”)
259 (In Dealership for service, ran diagnostic, nothing significant noted)
369 (Dealership replaced EGR Valve and ran regen cycle)
397 (Dealership replaced all 3 injectors and ran regen cycle)