LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #181  
Did you remove the grounds, clean the surfaces and reinstall?

Do you have the long ground wire from the battery to the Engine block and not the short one to the battery tray area?

Do you run any diesel fuel additives?

My 2020 MT240 is up to about 285 hours and the regens are ~50 hrs apart sinceI started running it at 1800 RPM or more. I do add Amsoil Diesel Injector cleaner or All-in-One in the winter, I have since I bought it.
It does sit sometimes for a couple months with no use so I recently added some biocide to hopefully prevent any alge growth.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL
I have the long thick cable from the battery to the block. I put a meter on a bolt off the alternator and it read 0.001 ohms, so that's a great ground.

Over the years, I have tried Power Service, both white and silver and also Howes additives, no change.
My tractor rarely sits for more than a week or two, and I rotate fuel via four, 5 gallon cans, so it stays pretty fresh. I use on-road undyed fuel from high turnover stations.

I refill one 5 gal can at a time (usually after the fuel light comes on) and I pretty much get a regen somewhere in that 5 gallons before the next refill, it varies, early/middle/late within that 5 gallons, but more often than not, within that 5 gallons or very early in the next refill.

Last edited:
   / LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #183  
Air filters and fuel filter replaced recently?

air filter is blown out regularly, but neither have been replaced yet. Both fuel and air filters are coming up at ~500 hrs though. Neither LS or the dealership have mentioned anything about them. Not seeing any performance issues, just the excessive regen frequency.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #185  
air filter is blown out regularly, but neither have been replaced yet. Both fuel and air filters are coming up at ~500 hrs though. Neither LS or the dealership have mentioned anything about them. Not seeing any performance issues, just the excessive regen frequency.
I think it was mentioned on one of the LS Facebook pages that the regens went down in frequency after changing fuel filters and/or air filters for one person after trying other things.

It's worth a shot!
I'm not a FB user, if you happen to come across it again, please let me know whether it was the fuel or air filters. Was their regen issue as prevalent as mine?

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #187  
It's worth a shot!
I'm not a FB user, if you happen to come across it again, please let me know whether it was the fuel or air filters. Was their regen issue as prevalent as mine?
I found one of them, surprisingly!

He said pre and post fuel filters. His had 300 hrs and it started having incomplete regens, dealer did a forced regen and cleared it. But in a few hours it started again so on a whim he replaced the fuel filters and it seemed to correct it.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #188  
Start by saying I don't know anything about LS tractors and don't mean to imply that I know anything.

Do the dealers have any kind of software to reprogram these regen systems so the tractor doesn't regen this often?

Do all tractors of this model regen this often? If some tractors of this model don't regen this often, maybe the manufacturer changed the programming or used different components with later production units?

they do have software to check and program the tractors. They made sure my software was up to date and even replaced the ECU, but they didn't change anything from the stock programming. Regens this often are not normal, mine is special ... unfortunately lol

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #190  
What I could see on your regen report and the dealer comments saying "regen while low soot load".
That makes me think the problem is not engine related. If it was, the soot level would be high.
The dealer replaced ECU and sensors. But what about the harness? Might be worth a shot. But needs to be authorized by the manufacturer.
A plugged air filter would increase soot load. But apparently that's not the case.