LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #151  
Guys please note that what the OP has done is working. IMO owning/buying a 35-40 hp tractor to use barely 25hp for much of our seat time is a common cause for frequent regens. Work it as it's designed to be or don't buy more hp than you need/use.

btw, BTDT but coping. ;)
Another reason why I'll never own a T4 unit. My tractors don't care if they are working or loafing, makes no difference (except fuel consumption). Like the one that runs the hay rake, most of the time it's loafing along. Rotary rakes are not big consumers of pto power, my twin rotor Kuhn could be run with a lawnmower engine.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #152  
Try out running at 1500 rpm average and time it. Then run up near 2000 rpm and time it. See if there is a noticeable difference.
Workmaster 50, 60, 70 New Hollands have auto regenerations. I don't understand why LS and others don't use the same. Why would someone buy a tractor that requires you to stop every so many hours when other manufactures don't?
Well, considering that the New Hollands are made by LS......

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #155  
^ For sure. It really sucks for anyone stuck with a poorly tuned, constantly regenerating T4 unit and a dealership who's only response is "that's normal".

I bought my Kioti CK3510 with 103 hours on it. By 150 hours I was getting pretty fairly nervous about why it hadn't done a detectable regen yet. At 163 hours it finally needed one and only took about 20 minutes.

Regardless of what tier 4 tractor your have:
- Avoid excessive idling
- Avoid running the engine up and down a lot (rev'ing up creates extra soot each time)
- Run at higher rpms, sustained, and work the thing like it's meant to! The reasoning here is to keep your exhaust system HOT, which gives you passive regeneration of the DPF. Low power requirements will allow the exhaust to cool and then the DPF just captures all the soot without burning it off.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #156  
I disagree, the engine temp is getting high enough for effective regen, and lower HP/work requirement at the same upper RPM range means less fuel use, which would mean less soot and less regens.
I don't think thats necessarily right. Lower fuel usage DOES mean less net soot production, generally speaking. But specific soot formation is also a function of combustion temperature in cylinder. So light load at high rpms might mean less soot produced per hour of tractor use - but it could mean higher net soot formation per gallon of diesel burned.

Furthermore, soot formation from combustion isn't actually your problem when it comes to DPF regeneration frequency. The issue that causes regens is when the DPF is clogged up and the measured pressure differential across it signals too high for safe and sustainable engine operation. So a regen cycle initiates to dump fuel into the exhaust and heat it up for burn-off back to free flowing.

What all us tier 4 tractor owners should strive for is constant passive regeneration of the DPF. IE, keeping the exhaust system HOT enough to always be burning off soot that hits the DPF. So running at higher load might produce some more soot (per hour) from combustion, BUT! If it burns itself off in the DPF passively, then you hardly ever need a regen cycle. Note I am not advocating to run lower RPMs just so you can be requesting full load all the time. I still advocate higher rpm usage. But if you bought a big machine just to loaf it around gently all the time, well you maybe should have bought a smaller tractor.

It's really up to you for what frequency you can tolerate, but IMO the exhaust system and DPF are going to suffer if they really have to go through an abusive regen cycle every 3 to 4 hours of tractor use - that's a lot of intense thermal cycling and material expansion/contraction. I can't see that pattern of operating making for a reliable machine past the several hundred hour range.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #157  
Me, I like soot, both mine make it constantly. Only time I don't like it is when I get water in the exhaust stack and it blows it out on my hood. Makes a mess and then I have to wash it off...

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #158  
Well, considering that the New Hollands are made by LS......

Not all New Hollands are made by LS

I don't believe that the Workmaster 50+ series is made by LS.

True, LS makes only makes the smaller tractors for New Holland
New Holland still makes the bigger machines, not sure what the cut off line is.

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #159  
Me, I like soot, both mine make it constantly. Only time I don't like it is when I get water in the exhaust stack and it blows it out on my hood. Makes a mess and then I have to wash it off...
Don't tell us your pickup rolls coal too..... 🤪

/ LS SAYS A REGEN EVERY 2 HOURS IS NORMAL #160  
It seems from following this thread that not all regen technology is created equal.
You've got that right. I have 3, and have had 4th & 5th Kubota with DPF (2 of them got traded for larger models). None have had the same regen predictability. My newest, the M5, varies the most. The M7 varies the least. The SVL is most unpredictable because they don't have a meter on it so it can catch me by surprise (like shortly before I'm done using it) but regens the fastest. My best estimate on the 5 tractors is 12 hours to 90 hours. My nephew is the first one I personally know who needed to have a DPF cleaned. His Kubota M111GX had over 5,000 hours, was hooked to generator during a storm to keep the cows watered and forgot - not in auto regen. 12 hours later he remembered, it was at 160% and would not regen. Needed the filter cleaned - $1800 but remember, that's first in over 5,000 hours and a lot here never use a tractor 5,000 hours.