LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #111  
Doubt it
I have load match and have never used it

might be a nice feature for some but as far as a “game changer” ymmv

/ LS or Kubota #112  
LS lift capacity is usually higher than any competitor in its power/weight class.

CT

I noticed the same thing when I shopped LS many years ago, but then I realized their loader arms were much shorter, and that definitely affects the rating. You really need to compare the loader curves to get an honest assessment across the different brands. And if reach/height is important, factor that in too. There can be as much as 12-16" variation in max height between the different brands.

/ LS or Kubota #113  
I read through all the pages and I sincerely hope the OP has driven both tractors to get a feel for each. If not, you really need to do this to make an informed decision. I don't think you can go wrong with either LS or Kubota as a brand, but for sure you will gravitate towards one or the other after a thorough test drive. It will make the decision for you, independent of the specs or what people here say.

/ LS or Kubota #114  
If I would have went with a similar spec Kubota and options. I would have been well over 65k on the kubota and still less features. My ls with loaded rears an 4200# forks delivered was 54,800. So far a happy problem free 60 hours on my mt5 and no signs of letting up. Loader specs actually show a higher lift on the ls.
If I’m buying a premium expensive tractor it should be loaded not a la carte. Air ride seat , extra remotes , whippers etc should be standard. The ls was a slight bit more hp and at least 600# heavier. Nothing seems cheap or cheesy. I just moved 22 lead loads of materials with out a gripe.

/ LS or Kubota #115  
I noticed the same thing when I shopped LS many years ago, but then I realized their loader arms were much shorter, and that definitely affects the rating. You really need to compare the loader curves to get an honest assessment across the different brands. And if reach/height is important, factor that in too. There can be as much as 12-16" variation in max height between the different brands.
That is not a valid way to check them out, because a small change in the lift cylinders, or hydraulic pressure can and will easily make up for the difference in length!

SR

/ LS or Kubota #116  
I have the L M H hst usually in H for every job.
I can't see all the extra gears for us small hp tractor
owners so we really need them or more problems???

Does the Kubota have all the bells and whistles that
the LS has for that price or are some extra money???
LS is looking for more good dealers I believe I read that
they want over 200 more new dealers before the year end???

willy

willy

/ LS or Kubota #117  
I have the L M H hst usually in H for every job.
I can't see all the extra gears for us small hp tractor
owners so we really need them or more problems???

Does the Kubota have all the bells and whistles that
the LS has for that price or are some extra money???
LS is looking for more good dealers I believe I read that
they want over 200 more new dealers before the year end???

willy

willy
Well willy willy, the extra gears are very useful when you are trying to get a certain ground speed, at engine "pto" speed.

SR

/ LS or Kubota #118  
Another thing to Add is 0% for 84 months with Kubota vs 4-6% with outside financing.

same or close money at the end of the day when financing is factored in
This is the part of buying a tractor nobody seems to understand and admittedly it took me too long to figure it out myself. There is no such thing as zero percent financing. When you figure out what the cash price is versus the finance price that's when you understand how much interest the manufacturer is really charging you to finance through them versus an outside lender. You are exactly right, at the end of the day it is exactly the same in most cases. You didn't really save any money buying the value brand other then getting more standard features. Not saying that isn't worth anything because it is but they come out about the same.