LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #21  
Hands down go with Kubota. You will be happy that you spent the few extra bucks for quality and dependability.
What makes you think the LS won't offer that?

Last used LS I saw for sale in my country, was an older 2010 LS R50 with 6840 hours. The Kubotas pop up for sale all the time with less than 350 hours. Have not idea why but it has to be something.

To the OP, +1 for the LS. It's a solid unit. Heavily built as all South Korean tractor are.

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #23  
Have you driven or operated either tractor?
Go with the one you’re comfortable with. It’s a hell of an investment either way.

Mike

/ LS or Kubota #25  
I checked out and ran many tractors be fore I got my LS.
It was much more bang for the buck. I have had mine over 1 year now with about 180 hours and this is one hell of a tractor! It has done things I did not think it could do.
Go with the LS & you will never look back.

/ LS or Kubota #27  
Although I ended up purchasing an LS and have no regrets, one of the things I factored in was expected hours of operation. I have 220 hours after 3 years....and that is less than I had estimated (I had figured 100-120 hours /year). If I had expected to put on 400 hours a year, I may have been able to justify the Kubota. But it was over $8000 more, and the dealer was not very good.

Many hobby tractor owners have jobs that are not reoccurring. So think about that. In my case, even the reoccurring job has not materialized. For the last three years we have had far less snow than normal. In the last two years I have had to blow out my parking area and driveway only four times. Before getting the tractor, I had to plow 10-14 times a year.

I would ignore the comment about "paper specs". That suggests LS is deceptive about its performance specifications and I know my FEL will pick up a half cord of wood without any trouble (rated at 2700 lbs). That is good enough for me as a "test".

If you have a weak dealer, the LS may not be your best option. But New Holland has most, if not all, of their smaller tractors built by LS. That was another factor in my selection as I have a good NH dealer not far away as a back up. My NH dealer could not come close enough to the LS price so I went with LS.

/ LS or Kubota
Although I ended up purchasing an LS and have no regrets, one of the things I factored in was expected hours of operation. I have 220 hours after 3 years....and that is less than I had estimated (I had figured 100-120 hours /year). If I had expected to put on 400 hours a year, I may have been able to justify the Kubota. But it was over $8000 more, and the dealer was not very good.

Many hobby tractor owners have jobs that are not reoccurring. So think about that. In my case, even the reoccurring job has not materialized. For the last three years we have had far less snow than normal. In the last two years I have had to blow out my parking area and driveway only four times. Before getting the tractor, I had to plow 10-14 times a year.

I would ignore the comment about "paper specs". That suggests LS is deceptive about its performance specifications and I know my FEL will pick up a half cord of wood without any trouble (rated at 2700 lbs). That is good enough for me as a "test".

If you have a weak dealer, the LS may not be your best option. But New Holland has most, if not all, of their smaller tractors built by LS. That was another factor in my selection as I have a good NH dealer not far away as a back up. My NH dealer could not come close enough to the LS price so I went with LS.
Summerix is the dealer I would be going with.
I know Ginop sells NH, is that your backup dealer?
I agree with the lack of snow and reoccurring jobs.
Based on the weak dealer comment, can I assume you’ve had issues with the LS?

/ LS or Kubota #29  
Summerix is the dealer I would be going with.
I know Ginop sells NH, is that your backup dealer?
I agree with the lack of snow and reoccurring jobs.
Based on the weak dealer comment, can I assume you’ve had issues with the LS?
I went with Sumerix. Great dealer. Ebel's was a couple of hundred cheaper, but I liked Sumerix a lot more and they were closer. Sumerix also offered free pickup and return if I had any issues.

Two minor issues with the LS in the first year and Ivan (owner of Sumerix) had them resolved in less than a day each time.

The NH dealer is Don's Tractors in Alpena. Good dealer as well but more $$$ and farther away.

Let Ivan know I recommended him. He gives me $100 for every customer I send him.

/ LS or Kubota
I went with Sumerix. Great dealer. Ebel's was a couple of hundred cheaper, but I liked Sumerix a lot more and they were closer. Sumerix also offered free pickup and return if I had any issues.

Two minor issues with the LS in the first year and Ivan (owner of Sumerix) had them resolved in less than a day each time.

The NH dealer is Don's Tractors in Alpena. Good dealer as well but more $$$ and farther away.

Let Ivan know I recommended him. He gives me $100 for every customer I send him.
Will do

Ginop is the only Kubota dealer near you. I’m curious on why that dealer lacked good service

on a side note, I hope you had minimal issues with that Tornado yesterday.
Gaylord took a beating unfortunately