LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #1  

Xc97700

Tractor
Craftsman
My Kubota dealer is fighting for my business as I’ve purchased from him before.
Here’s the breakdown of each unit.

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

$$39,246 with 6% sales tax

Kubota Grand L3560-HST-Cab-L805 loader same as above

$46,422 with 6% sales tax

LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #2  
People keep talking like there is going to be a major change in the world economy.
Having a reliable tractor isn't the worst place to put your money.

Which dealer do you think is most likely
1. To continue to exist
2. To have parts and service

That's the one I'd go with.

/ LS or Kubota #3  
I’m biased 🤔 Kubota’s HST+ is wonderful, especially for loader work. The throttle up on Grand L’s is nice and I like the response variables on the HST (mine I set to -2). From what I’ve read and comments on this forum, LS makes a great tractor.
Oh, the seat sucks on the Kubota IMO.

/ LS or Kubota #4  
Don't forget you're also getting 3 more gross HP, and 4 more at the PTO with the LS.

I don't know if that matters to you, but it looks like it comes down to a difference (after tax) of $7,600 and 4 Hp at the PTO.

$7,600 is a lot of money, and can buy some really nice implements. Or, will add some financial stability in uncertain times.

I went through basically the exact same decision 2.5 years ago. I was looking at the L3560 and LS XR4140HC (predecessor to the MT3). I have a great Kubota dealer, and they did their best in price, but like you, it was a $6-7k difference. I went with the LS, moved up to a 45 Hp, and haven't regretted the decision once.

/ LS or Kubota
Don't forget you're also getting 3 more gross HP, and 4 more at the PTO with the LS.

I don't know if that matters to you, but it looks like it comes down to a difference (after tax) of $7,600 and 4 Hp at the PTO.

$7,600 is a lot of money, and can buy some really nice implements. Or, will add some financial stability in uncertain times.

I went through basically the exact same decision 2.5 years ago. I was looking at the L3560 and LS XR4140HC (predecessor to the MT3). I have a great Kubota dealer, and they did their best in price, but like you, it was a $6-7k difference. I went with the LS, moved up to a 45 Hp, and haven't regretted the decision once.
The 45hp machine was the next frame size up if I recall. For 3k more I can go to the MT342 which is a frame size larger.

I guess I’m just trying to justify the price difference for the Kubota.

Not that this is bad, but I rarely see used LS tractors for sale

/ LS or Kubota #7  
I’m biased 🤔 Kubota’s HST+ is wonderful, especially for loader work. The throttle up on Grand L’s is nice and I like the response variables on the HST (mine I set to -2). From what I’ve read and comments on this forum, LS makes a great tractor.
Oh, the seat sucks on the Kubota IMO.

I'd assumed that other makes also offer the fingertip dual speed of the HST+ by now, but maybe not.
In that case there isn't really any comparison.
Offhand I'd say that for everyday use the extra gears of the HST+ are worth about the same as increasing the HP by 50%...maybe more when you throw in auto throttle and adjustable attack rate.
rScotty

/ LS or Kubota #8  
Another thing to Add is 0% for 84 months with Kubota vs 4-6% with outside financing.

same or close money at the end of the day when financing is factored in
You don't see them for sale because we like them so much, we hang onto them. :)

If you are financing the LS at 5% for 84 months, at the end, you will have paid $43k. Basically the exact same price as the Kubota at 0%.

From a financial standpoint, (no, I'm not a financial planner), and with the financial mess that is the global economy right now (can you say recession right around the corner?) I would recommend saving your monthly payments until you can pay cash for the tractor. LS gave me a $2k discount for paying cash, further increasing the difference in price with the Kubota. Kubota offered no cash discount.

If the bottom of the economy does fall out in the next 6-18 months, like it's looking like it very well may, you may find a lot of dealers happy to make a sweeter deal. As my dad always says, buy low, sell high. Right now, prices are at all time highs.

But, if you feel you have to have it now, if it's Kubota at 0% versus LS at 4-5%, the final dollar amount is going to be within a grand or so.

If I were in that situation, I probably would have gone with Kubota because of the good, established dealer in my area.

/ LS or Kubota #10  
The 45hp machine was the next frame size up if I recall. For 3k more I can go to the MT342 which is a frame size larger.

I guess I’m just trying to justify the price difference for the Kubota.

Not that this is bad, but I rarely see used LS tractors for sale
i noticed you were comparing the same "size" tractor, just different HP.

LS sizes the frames in each of the 'series' .....

example: MT3 --- all are the same frame size... MT3-40, MT3-42, MT3-47, MT3-57

MT2 series is smaller, but available in 25, 30, 35, 40 HP. All of them are the same frame size. Example: MT2-35, MT2-40 etc...

MT4 series is bigger than the MT3 series. The first number is the frame series, the last 2 numbers are the HP.
I hope this clarifies some of the confusion of size / HP.

I have had 2 different series of the LS tractors, the first was the MT1 25, now I have the MT2 25. Both trouble free after a few years and now over 330 hours. If I ever need to get another tractor, it will be an LS.

Considering I just saw the President visiting S. Korea yesterday, working on increasing trade and also to expedite shipping to and from, I wouldn't hesitate buying any of the S.Korean tractors.