LS MT125 vs BX23S

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #31  
I was in a similar situation earlier in the summer. I only shopped dealers within an hour from me, so that list included KB, JD, LS, & Mahindra. I liked all the dealers, but the Mahindra dealer, so they dropped off. All the tractors were solid, with the refinement level as the separating factor for me. I first went in with a "price is no object" mind-set to see what I felt was the best rig. Once I had established that, then I would consider price & negotiation to try and get what I wanted.

When the dust settled, I really like the BX2380 the best. It felt more polished and well thought out, and I found it more enjoyable to operate. Initially, however, it was also the most expensive. My next choice was the JD 1023E, which was initially about $800 cheaper than the BX. And finally the LS MT125. A very robust machine, but really lacked the refinement of the other two, IMO. (the engine oil drain plug is just one documented example..) It was also the cheapest price (all were tractor w/FEL only).

At the current prices I had, I was leaning towards the JD, but decided to try a few more KB dealers to try and get a better price on the rig I really wanted. That paid off, as I was able to score a 2380 for $200 less than the JD, and $200 more than the LS. It was an easy choice at this point....I was able to get what I felt was the best rig, for a crazy good price.

I will say tho, I would have been happy with any of the three, all seemed like very solid, capable machines, and based on quoted prices, one may indeed be a better "value" pending actual transaction price. But again, when they were all within $400 at decision time, the choice was easy for me, as I liked the BX that much better. As I approach the 30 hour mark, I have no regrets....I'm more impressed every time I use it!

Good luck on your search, and let us know which rig you end up with.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S
That's a good deal. The best so far I got quoted KB BX23S TLB 17,500. Today I Got new quote for LS mt125 TLB 14,900 delivered.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #35  
The Kubota will more than make up for the extra money spent at resale time. I have a buddy who has been trying to sell a used LS tractor in perfect condition for about 2 months now for a very reasonable price. No takers. I'd go with Kubota, but I am extremely biased as I've owned several Kubs and never an LS tractor.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #36  
That's a good deal. The best so far I got quoted KB BX23S TLB 17,500. Today I Got new quote for LS mt125 TLB 14,900 delivered.

Those are both good prices, certainly worth considering.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #37  
Hi guys. I'm new here and I'm enjoying these threads quite a bit. I'm looking to buy a subcompact sometime in the next couple months and I had narrowed it down to a new LS MT125 or a BX2380, each with the front end loader and belly mower. I don't need a backhoe for my property so that's not something I plan to ever purchase. As far as I can tell just by looking at the specs and internet research, both machines are well made and would be more than suitable for my needs. The LS looks like it would have a little more lift than the BX and would cost less. The best price I was quoted was $15k for the LS, which is a fine price as far as I'm concerned. The big issue is that there's only one LS dealer in my state and their sales staff wasn't so good. Additionally, they're about an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. The next closest dealer, who quoted me the 15k price, is about 4 hours away. And just as you guys mentioned, the resale on an LS isn't going to be as good.

Despite probably paying a bit more for a BX2380, I'm moving in that direction. I have two Kubota dealers within about half an hour drive so getting parts and service will be a lot easier than with the LS. I also think the new features on the BX2380 are really great. The quick detach bucket, tilt steering, deluxe seat, position of the loader control, drive over deck, and new FEL detach features are more than enough to swing me in favor of Kubota.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S
Hi guys. I'm new here and I'm enjoying these threads quite a bit. I'm looking to buy a subcompact sometime in the next couple months and I had narrowed it down to a new LS MT125 or a BX2380, each with the front end loader and belly mower. I don't need a backhoe for my property so that's not something I plan to ever purchase. As far as I can tell just by looking at the specs and internet research, both machines are well made and would be more than suitable for my needs. The LS looks like it would have a little more lift than the BX and would cost less. The best price I was quoted was $15k for the LS, which is a fine price as far as I'm concerned. The big issue is that there's only one LS dealer in my state and their sales staff wasn't so good. Additionally, they're about an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. The next closest dealer, who quoted me the 15k price, is about 4 hours away. And just as you guys mentioned, the resale on an LS isn't going to be as good.

Despite probably paying a bit more for a BX2380, I'm moving in that direction. I have two Kubota dealers within about half an hour drive so getting parts and service will be a lot easier than with the LS. I also think the new features on the BX2380 are really great. The quick detach bucket, tilt steering, deluxe seat, position of the loader control, drive over deck, and new FEL detach features are more than enough to swing me in favor of Kubota.

First
check out Bruno's Cabot Arkansas. "Negotiate" I got a quote for 14,900 TLB. Some other member bought one for 15,900 TLB+MMM.
Second
It's rumored that November 1 there are going to be additional insensitive from LS corporate
3RD
LS tractors is for someone who does his own maintenance, knows how to research parts and willing to have the tractor for a long time.
4th
Resale value vs time. EXP
Value your getting a good price up front, if you look at the used market nothing comes close.
Time it may take longer to resale due product recognition.

My opinions

As for me I'm leaning towards LS delivered to my home ATL + no tax

If you are not mechanically inclined or like walk-in into a dealer and are interested in comforts my local Kubota quoted me bx23s 17,5 + 6%tax and he may go lower depending on the Kubota corporate discount rolling out for November.

PS I have noticed that this type of tractors resale better and faster with a backhoe and MMM

These are my opinions

Last edited:
   / LS MT125 vs BX23S
I ended up buying a used LS XJ2025h TLB 240hrs with many extras example a factory quick disconnect, a grapple, 3rd function hydraulics, pallet forks, box blade, tooth bar, brush bar, backhoe thumb and backhoe scraper bucket. all for a fair price of 14.5 k

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #40  
Good for you, Bulldog! Pics of your adventures going forward!