LS MT125 vs BX23S

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #1  

BulldogsPlanes

Tractor
LS MT125
MT125 vs BX23S
I am in the market for a subcompact that will be the best for the money.

After a lot of research I narrowed it down to two contenders the LS MT125 $15,900 vs kubota BX23S $17,900 in Atlanta GA.
Both have front loaders and backhoes. No other attachments

MT125 pro's
More lift, hydraulics, HP, price

BX23S pro's
Easy disconnects, resale value, dealership, quick detached bucket

I'm interested in all your opinions and guidance. I'm new to the forum and to tractors.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #2  
Are you buying it with plans to sell it after your target projects are finished? If so, the Kubota resell should be considered heavily.

If your buying it to keep, I sure would be hard pressed to buy the Kubota over the LS that out performs the Kubota and does it at a lower cost.

My researching SCUT units tells me that the LS and Massey Ferguson GC17XX are the most popular "non big three" units out there, but then New Holland is considered one of the big three in the SCUT/CUT category... and LS is the New Holland, New Holland Boomers and such are re-branded LS units.

My opinion, if it's a keeper.... save $2000 and buy the LS that will perform better than the Kubota. If it's not a keeper, you need to weigh that out and do what you think makes sense.

Attachments

• SCUT List 10-12-17.jpg
    SCUT List 10-12-17.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 1,406
   / LS MT125 vs BX23S #3  
BX hands down. My 2000 model BX 2200 has been through **** and back and done amazing things over and over. It has mowed around 2000 acres of grass and besides basic and minimal maintenance it is still in perfect mechanical shape and I have no plans to replace it. If I did have plans to replace it, it would be with another BX. I am not stuck on brands but I would not even look at the others in this case.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S
Are you buying it with plans to sell it after your target projects are finished? If so, the Kubota resell should be considered heavily.

If your buying it to keep, I sure would be hard pressed to buy the Kubota over the LS that out performs the Kubota and does it at a lower cost.

My researching SCUT units tells me that the LS and Massey Ferguson GC17XX are the most popular "non big three" units out there, but then New Holland is considered one of the big three in the SCUT/CUT category... and LS is the New Holland, New Holland Boomers and such are re-branded LS units.

My opinion, if it's a keeper.... save $2000 and buy the LS that will perform better than the Kubota. If it's not a keeper, you need to weigh that out and do what you think makes sense.

Great research.

I am on the fence about either situations. I want to say keep but what if I want to upgrade in 8years from know what would the LS resale look like.

I know the 8year old bx23 Kubota are around 10k. That's 8k in depreciation. How about the LS 8 years from now?

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #5  
Get some seat time on both units. What may look "superior" on paper (as published by some marketing department), may or may not be such when actually working in the real world. Form your own seat-of-the-pants opinion about how each unit actually works also.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #6  
Get some seat time on both units. What may look "superior" on paper (as published by some marketing department), may or may not be such when actually working in the real world. Form your own seat-of-the-pants opinion about how each unit actually works also.

Also, check out the features. That new 20 3S has some really cool features, whereby, for example, you can detach the whole FEL without even getting off the tractor. And the backhoe has a new quick attach feature as well.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S
I have tried both the LS is very refined, smooth and capable.

The LS is a bx2370 body with a1025r eng,trans and a New.H. front loader "I believe"

The bx23s has a lot of friendly updated features

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S
The bx23s has what I think the best in the market friendly and easy disconnect features far superior to the LS. I just don't know if this is more important than power capabilities compared to the LS.

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #9  
The bx23s has what I think the best in the market friendly and easy disconnect features far superior to the LS. I just don't know if this is more important than power capabilities compared to the LS.

:laughing:
.....and down the rabbit hole he goes......

Tell Alice we all say hello!

/ LS MT125 vs BX23S #10  
The only 2 deciding factors in my purchase adventure were #1- PRICE. #2- LIFT CAPABILTIES. LS won both (by a considerable margin.) Considering all of these tractors are so close in all other features nothing else didn't really matter. I have owned it going on 4 years & absolutely LOVE IT!