LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #1  

steig

Tractor
Kioti CK2620
My LS 225S backhoe removal is acceptable, but when I re-install backhoe, it is incredibly difficult. To get the lower pins to align up is very hard to do, tractor has to be lined up perfectly with backhoe to get the pins to drop in. Has to be within about 1/16" to align up. Takes a lot of time and patience to re-attach backhoe.
My New Holland Workmaster 25S was way easier to remove install backhoe.
Anyone have the same difficulty with the 225S?

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #2  
Is it a subframe backhoe? I find with mine that once I hook up the hydraulics, I can use the boom to move the subframe around to get the pins to drop in. It is tight, but not too bad.

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install
Mounts on subframe, but does not remove with sub frame attached. Do you move boom from left to right ?

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #4  
If your close and just need to nudge it a smidge, a 6 foot pry bar can convince the frame to move as well.

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #5  
To start with you need your tractor on flat
ground/cement and blocks to keep the unit
above the bottom pins

It just takes practice and after attaching &
removing it it will be just like putting on your
shoes! Don't worry about it it just takes a
little time and practice

willy

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #6  
An overhead chainfall hoist simplifies life considerably here

Yeh, unfortunately i dont have chainfall host or a place to install hoist.
But that would be a great idea

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #8  
After the 3rd time it got very easy for me. Just use the arm to help it connect.

After the 3rd time it got very easy for me. Just use the arm to help it connect.
Past the 3rd time, still is difficult. Was used to New Holland which was very easy.

/ LS MT-225S backhoe difficult to install #10  
We take ours off with boom extended and bucket extended, we put blocks under main part because it's easiest. To install we back up close. Hook up hydraulic. Twist left and right to get arm pins in. Remove blocks. Work boom and arms up/down to get top link in. That's it. Ours has a pto pump, but makes no difference. My dad will be 75 this month. He can say I'll go get the backhoe. Five minutes later he is back. Don't need any help. It is parked under a shed out of the way. One time I remember it was parked with the bucket teeth straight down instead of extended straight. No idea who did it. Dad told us boys years ago that he don't make mistakes. Said he almost made a mistake once, but when he thought about it, he realized he was mistaken. So we knew it couldn't have been him. But anyway, bucket curled, over time and backhoe slid off of blocks and it took the whole family to connect it.

So when we take it off, extend boom, bucket straight and lay on ground. Remove top link pin, act to raise boom and instead it pulls top link out of tractor. Ours has a solid non flex ridgid top link. Then push down on stabilizers and raise it a little, top link should be out of tractor so backhoe will go straight up. Block it a few inches higher than it is when on tractor. Remove lift arm pins. Disconnect hoses, don't forget to undo hoses before driving off. We were pulling a 14' disc and the hitch broke. My brother was driving, I shut him down. The hoses pulled the disc for a while. Hoses are tough. They will drag your backhoe off blocks. We use four sets of blocks under main part.

Last edited: