LS free loader promotion

/ LS free loader promotion #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I was on the LS USA website and saw they have a free loader offered on all models with "low" interest for 84 months. Doesn't give the interest rate but it is valid until the end of the year. Next time I talk to the dealer I'll ask. Not sure how much a FEL is for a larger tractor but it has got to be at least $4000.

/ LS free loader promotion #2  
Hey, Pete. Based on my giant spreadsheet full of CUT data, a loader for most brands seems to run from $4500-7000. LS, Kioti, Bobcat and Branson all seem to have various versions of including the FEL for 'free'. Sure, its baked into the price, but even at that, the prices are still lower than the front runners.

Example: the L3301:lists for about $24,468 with a loader. The LS XR3135 is better in almost every measurable category. A little more HP, 500 lbs. heavier, more hydraulic flow, FEL capacity is also about 500 lbs. more. The LS can be purchased for $25,724 but that includes a trailer, box blade and RC. Even if you estimated the extras at $1500 for all 3, the LS would be a little cheaper for a more capable machine. (L3301 has 8x8 SS, XR3135 has 12x12 SS for comparison)

The tradeoff would be dealer service and brand reputation. Those are highly variable and subjective, so YMMV.

/ LS free loader promotion
Hey, Pete. Based on my giant spreadsheet full of CUT data, a loader for most brands seems to run from $4500-7000. LS, Kioti, Bobcat and Branson all seem to have various versions of including the FEL for 'free'. Sure, its baked into the price, but even at that, the prices are still lower than the front runners.

Example: the L3301:lists for about $24,468 with a loader. The LS XR3135 is better in almost every measurable category. A little more HP, 500 lbs. heavier, more hydraulic flow, FEL capacity is also about 500 lbs. more. The LS can be purchased for $25,724 but that includes a trailer, box blade and RC. Even if you estimated the extras at $1500 for all 3, the LS would be a little cheaper for a more capable machine. (L3301 has 8x8 SS, XR3135 has 12x12 SS for comparison)

The tradeoff would be dealer service and brand reputation. Those are highly variable and subjective, so YMMV.
I'd be interested to see what the price is for the LS (MT357) I'm interested in without the loader. Every price I have gotten is with the loader except for when I looked at Kubota (you have the option there of installing different size buckets from the start). It's almost like it is a non-promotion if they automatically put the loader on and cook it in the price. You are correct on the prices being lower than the front runners. However, I was just told by the dealer the LS I was looking at went up almost $2000 since Oct. 1. They are blaming this on shipping and handling. Might be a deal breaker for me since that is not value added and it gets the price much closer to the front runners.

/ LS free loader promotion #4  
Prices are going up for everyone. CaseIH just bumped theirs up online. It will come down to timing and opportunity cost.

The 357 was not a model I track but a dealer has a package for 32-33k or so with the loader, trailer, box blade and cutter. Depending on your situation, it may be worthwhile to get a package and sell off the parts you don't need. With the high cost of used, you should do OK.

What part of Wisconsin? We moved here from Waukesha.

/ LS free loader promotion #5  
Something to think about. Your area may be different but in my area a tractor without a loader takes much longer to sell. Some people may not need a loader and have specific uses for a non loader tractor but the majority do seem to want one. Two dealers I spoke with years ago would not order a tractor for stock without a loader because the demand isn't there. They told me only 1 out of 40 they sell don't want a loader.

/ LS free loader promotion #6  
Something to think about. Your area may be different but in my area a tractor without a loader takes much longer to sell. Some people may not need a loader and have specific uses for a non loader tractor but the majority do seem to want one. Two dealers I spoke with years ago would not order a tractor for stock without a loader because the demand isn't there. They told me only 1 out of 40 they sell don't want a loader.
My nearest LS dealer said the same thing about HST. Too many suburbanites with 5 acres or less want HST. He'll order a gear model, but not unless requested.

/ LS free loader promotion #7  
"My nearest LS dealer said the same thing about HST. Too many suburbanites with 5 acres or less want HST. He'll order a gear model, but not unless requested."

That's true here as well. I'm one of those suburbanites but I always had a gear tractor. When I bought a new one 17 years ago all I could get was HST for the same reason.

/ LS free loader promotion #8  
Something I liked about my visit to the Branson dealer. They had a mix of shuttle and hst on the lot.

/ LS free loader promotion #9  
No such thing as a free loader. They all say that same thing, Your paying for it,

/ LS free loader promotion
No such thing as a free loader. They all say that same thing, Your paying for it,
Yeah, when I brought it up to the dealer he pretty much blew it off and said all the tractors they get have an FEL. They would not give me a price without an FEL and said they wouldn't even order one. Not a real promotion.