Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines....

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #21  
How long do you normally run your tractor? Most of my work will be an hour or less.
I hardly ever run it more than an hour and a half at a time. I would say most of the time 30 min to an hour. This is mostly spring and summer doing road repairs, preparing food plots, and mowing. I used a 35 hp John Deere prior to the LS and the LS is a stronger, more comfortable tractor. The XR4046 and XR4040 are the same tractor with the pump turned up on the 46. At least this is my understanding. My 4040 will handle 6' implements with ease and the dealer said it would handle 7'. It will pull a 20 blade disc no problem.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #22  
I hardly ever run it more than an hour and a half at a time. I would say most of the time 30 min to an hour. This is mostly spring and summer doing road repairs, preparing food plots, and mowing. I used a 35 hp John Deere prior to the LS and the LS is a stronger, more comfortable tractor. The XR4046 and XR4040 are the same tractor with the pump turned up on the 46. At least this is my understanding. My 4040 will handle 6' implements with ease and the dealer said it would handle 7'. It will pull a 20 blade disc no problem.

Do you ever just let it run to complete regen mode even though your ready to shut it down? Some say you need to, some say not.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #23  
Do you ever just let it run to complete regen mode even though your ready to shut it down? Some say you need to, some say not.

This was a misconception when the pickups came out with the newer diesels. It's not all or nothing. You are cleaning while you are in Regen, if you don't finish you still did some cleaning.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #24  
I have the XR4040 and if it wasn't for the dash lights I don't think I would even know it was doing the regen cycle. No big deal in my opinion. Shibaura engines have been in the marketplace for quite a while and have proven reliable. For $2000 I would go with the Shibaura engine with no worries.

Same for me, when I first got the tractor I really thought I'd be bothered by the 4 (really closer to 6) regen. I had planned to watch the dash and if the light was coming on and I was getting ready to shut down, I'd delay it. Yeah that's out the window, for all I care they could remove the light. I pay it no mind, and the regen cycle is no bother. I run between 30 minutes and 5 hours at a shot. I had talked to John Miller at RCO tractor about the new engines and knew the new ones would regen less often, that was a plus. I also knew the LS engine would be a brand new product and would probably have some bugs, while the Shibaura engine is proven. I'm happy with my choice.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #25  
Does anyone know if you turn off the Regen switch and in 4 hours run time will it go thru a regen if you turn it back on. I know a couple of times the only inconvenience is mine has come on when I was just going to do a little 5 minute job and I have let it go through its cycle. Most of the time I find something to do for 25-30 minutes to not just let it sit there. But one time I did. Dealer told me not to turn it off. But I could see that if you were going to be on it for a short period of time I could see where I would turn it off just so it wouldn't go into a regen. Like the others have said tho. The regen dont bother me at all until It does it as I described.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #26  
If I'm not going to run the tractor but for a short period of time and the regen light comes on I will use the button to stop it. Next time I crank the tractor it will go into regen again. When it has been in regen for awhile, and I am through with my work, I will find something to do to let it finish.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #27  
Does anyone know if you turn off the Regen switch and in 4 hours run time will it go thru a regen if you turn it back on. I know a couple of times the only inconvenience is mine has come on when I was just going to do a little 5 minute job and I have let it go through its cycle. Most of the time I find something to do for 25-30 minutes to not just let it sit there. But one time I did. Dealer told me not to turn it off. But I could see that if you were going to be on it for a short period of time I could see where I would turn it off just so it wouldn't go into a regen. Like the others have said tho. The regen dont bother me at all until It does it as I described.

Yes, On your 4046 as on my 3037 you can press and hold the regen down for over 2 seconds to inhibit or prevent the regen. The book says to only do this when operating in the woods or handling flammable items. The inhibit mode will return to auto regen mode the next time the tractor is started. You cannot disable regen if it has already started, only before or after regen has started.
The only thing I don't like about this is when you use the tractor for a 5 minute job and the regen light comes on. Then you should let it run to completion which is a waste of fuel.
If I have a small job for the tractor (usually under 30 minutes) I have got into the habit of hitting the disable (inhibit regen) switch so it won't go into regen. Then the next time I start it and it needs regen it will do it automatically.
Fixitman says he has stopped the regen on his by pressing the button after it started even though the book says different. I have not tried this so don't know if it can be stopped once regen is in progress.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #28  
I spoke with my dealer. He said the new engines would raise the cost of a XR4046 a minimum of $3000. Seems a little excessive to me.

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #29  
Pretty soon they are going to be the same price as everyone else! Glad i bought mine when i did!

/ Looks like LS is rolling out their own Tier-4 Engines.... #30