Looking for the best UTV for play and work

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #11  
I would buy another tractor and a Honda Pioneer 1000. A tractor is a indispensable tool for 20 acres and the Pioneer is an awesome machine. Good luck!

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice!

I do agree the tractor is an indispensable tool, but for me, its just my house on a 2 acre cleared section in the middle of the woods. No firewood for me, have Geothermal. No farm animals, no dirt to move around, nothing left to grapple, and I did all the landscape rake work I could possibly do. Now Im just left with an extremely long half mile driveway that will be paved this spring.

After further brainstorming, I do agree that maybe Im asking too much for one UTV. Perhaps it would be better to just get a fun UTV and buy a $7,500 dodge 2500 with a plow that I see listed frequently.

JohnThomas, unfortunately your link didn't open up. Can you somehow try again, I would be interested in reading a similar struggle?

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #13  
If you go with a sidexside and want to plow;look at the Boss plows;pricey but a very robust plow.Hydraulic angle ect.Much less upkeep than an old plow truck.

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #14  
I used a Polaris 850 to plow with for a while. Got a used plow truck for $3500 (with the plow) almost 4 years ago. I would not recommend a UTV for plowing as the truck is so much better...faster, heated cab, wipers, lights....plus it carries a lot more. I use it as a beater truck and can go off the property with it into town...something the UTV cannot legally do. It also hauls firewood which is something you do not need.

With the work functions covered...look at a Jeep. We also had a Polaris RZR and it is a blast but useless for anything else. Only a two seater though. Wound up selling both the 850 and RZR and getting a used Jeep Wrangler. No dust, seats 2-4, A/C, heat, wipers, cab, it does fine trail riding, and is another vehicle we can use anywhere and anytime.

Even my UTV dealer is getting a used Jeep as he thinks the UTV's are overpriced and limited in use. They are a nice toy until you go riding back roads with a few others and are not leading the pack. And If you want the sun and dust and wind, the tops come off.

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #15  
If you have a 1/2 mile driveway, I'm thinking the tractor will be needed again sooner rather than later. After I built my house, I sold my 8N w/loader and attachments and as soon as spring came around I regretted it..My right-of-way is around 1000 ft plus my couple hundred feet of driveway needed major maintenance. Bought my BX23 that year.

As far as plowing, my RTV1100 is perfect for me...Not a sport machine by any means but the HVAC and radio make plowing fun as opposed to the old days freezing to death on a quad.

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #16  
Seems you do need a tractor. Fun to spend other peoples $$$!!! Nonetheless, UTV's are wonderful to have for work. Work is all I've ever done with them and pushing snow should not break it. CVT transmissions have been around for some time and that's what I'd get. Here is a photo of CVT equipped machine pushing some. And it didn't break.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Rhino blading gorge side (DL).jpg
    Rhino blading gorge side (DL).jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 178
   / Looking for the best UTV for play and work
I tried like heck to try and convince myself that I still needed the tractor. Since the driveway is getting paved this spring, there is no more grooming or grading. All the property is final graded. I cleaned up every limb and twig and branch i could possibly find with the grapple. It was too big and silly to mow with, so the only reason at all to keep it would have been for snow removal. That would be a shame to just let it sit unused for 80% of the year. Plus it cost 50k. Too much to sit and rot.

Can the RTV1100C go into the trails at all?

Pretty scary that these UTV's are close to the same price of a new base Jeep.

I will be test driving later this week. Will stop by the Honda and Yamaha dealer, as well as the Kubota dealer. Perhaps take a spin in the new sidekick.

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #18  
I tried like heck to try and convince myself that I still needed the tractor. Since the driveway is getting paved this spring, there is no more grooming or grading. All the property is final graded. I cleaned up every limb and twig and branch i could possibly find with the grapple. It was too big and silly to mow with, so the only reason at all to keep it would have been for snow removal. That would be a shame to just let it sit unused for 80% of the year. Plus it cost 50k. Too much to sit and rot.

Can the RTV1100C go into the trails at all?

Pretty scary that these UTV's are close to the same price of a new base Jeep.

I will be test driving later this week. Will stop by the Honda and Yamaha dealer, as well as the Kubota dealer. Perhaps take a spin in the new sidekick.
RTV is not for trails. If you are looking at Honda and Yamaha the Kawasaki Mule full sized is worth a look too

/ Looking for the best UTV for play and work #20  
Nonetheless, UTV's are wonderful to have for work. Work is all I've ever done with them and pushing snow should not break it. CVT transmissions have been around for some time and that's what I'd get. Here is a photo of CVT equipped machine pushing some. And it didn't break.. :thumbsup:
I'm with you.
I personally like the CVT's