Looking for Opinions on NOS

/ Looking for Opinions on NOS #11  
If piecing it out doesn't work out so well, or gets to be too much of a hassle, you could call Adam's Engines in Greenwich, OH. He has quite a lawnmower/garden tractor salvage yard. Used Mower Parts | Adams Small Engine I'm sure the NOS parts/attachments would pique his interest and take it all in one lump. You may not get the initial amount of money you were thinking, but then won't have the hassle of going through the motions either. Just some food for thought if it's more hassle than it's worth selling items individually.

/ Looking for Opinions on NOS #12  
I tried to sell my auction cache of mostly B&S parts (NIB) to a local dealer. He wanted an itemized list of part numbers. I said make one yourself and walked away. It would take me months to list individual part numbers. The volume equates to two long bed truck's worth of parts. I used a few carburetors and small parts out of it to get a few lawnmowers up and running. I sold the lawnmowers (8) but still have the rest of the parts taking up room in a 12x14 shed. The best I could do was keeping the first two digits of the part numbers boxed/grouped together. I know there's at least one crankshaft and a slew of valves in there. But who rebuilds lawnmowers anymore?

I guess my heirs will be handling the rest. :rolleyes:

/ Looking for Opinions on NOS #13  
View attachment 821711

Cool! A shop full of energy drinks!

I love acronyms

The energy drink " borrowed" that from one of the original manufacturers of Nitrous kits in the 1980's
"Nitrous Oxide Systems" now owned by Holley

sure seems Close to the trademark.

Attachments

• Nitrous Oxide Systems.jpg
    Nitrous Oxide Systems.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
   / Looking for Opinions on NOS
What kind of "stuff" do you have?

I agree with the suggestions about ebay for parts and stuff you can ship. In fact, ebay is easy for both buyer and seller and gets you exposed to anyone that puts a part number or description into a Google search.

If it's "attachments" and equipment, you can still list it on ebay but often people will search "closer to home" for those big items. Priced right, you could probably sell those on Craigslist, Marketplace, or TractorHouse pretty easily.

Are we talking about carburetor kits and oil filters or 3-point equipment?
A large amount of the larger items are Simplicity attachments (Blades, Snow Throwers, Grass Catchers, and all the hitches for the attachments). Then there is the boxes and boxes of oil filters and carb kits also.

/ Looking for Opinions on NOS #15  
A large amount of the larger items are Simplicity attachments (Blades, Snow Throwers, Grass Catchers, and all the hitches for the attachments). Then there is the boxes and boxes of oil filters and carb kits also.

I shop a LOT online. And search for hard-to-find parts online. I think ebay might be your best bet for exposure and search results. Just list big items as "local pickup only".

You can let stuff go as auction with a starting amount or put a price on it if you have an idea where to start. Can also accept "offers". Do you have an interested teenager in the family that you could turn this project over to? For a percentage cut of the sales, I could see the right young person really getting enthused with this.
The stuff you're describing can be discontinued and hard to find. I think you are definitely on the right track by posting these items online and getting them exposed to the largest possible audience. Good luck with it!

Last edited:
   / Looking for Opinions on NOS #16  
Also, it might be worth posting on the For Sale part of this forum, as well as Yesterday's Tractors, and any Simplicity specific web page.

Pictures are your friend. I hate seeing for sale posts, on any site, where there are only two pictures, either in the dark, too far away, or so zoomed in, you can't see the entire attachment.

/ Looking for Opinions on NOS #17  
Do you still have any of the Simplicity parts and attachments? I have an '03 Massey fergusson version of the Simplicity Legacy.