Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #31  
Consider the Kubota RTV-X900. Even though it has an open cab, adding a windshield will help a lot. Many advantages:
Diesel engine longevity
Hydrostatic transmission operates just like a tractor
Hydraulic dump bed
Good operator space
Good resale value
Perfect addition to any farm

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #32  
Bought a JD Gator 560 a couple years ago for the wife's retirement. She loves it, but of course I use it more than she does. Was a 2016, lightly used and paid about $5500. Still think it was a steal. It's a tough little bugger.
Pros; extremely utilitarian, 4X4, 4X4lo, diff lock, windshield, ROPS, easy center-tip* dump bed, tough and ready, carries 1,000lbs of fieldstone easily, can seat 3 on the bench, enough power to move my (empty) trailer around (*a must for your lady if she's going to be hauling dirt - the older 6x6 Gator beds are impossible to tip when full without power as they pivot at the back)
Cons; centrifugal clutch which is a PITA, pretty slow (perfect for the wife to putter around in), large turning radius, carburetor/injectors impossible to get at, no engine braking for downhill runs

My 4 tractors were my UTV's, but now I don't know how we ever got along without the Gator. Respect their limitations and they are invaluable.
For that kind of price you can buy 2 or more of different types for a $20k pricetag. One for fun, one for grunt work

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #33  
Consider the Kubota RTV-X900. Even though it has an open cab, adding a windshield will help a lot. Many advantages:
Diesel engine longevity
Hydrostatic transmission operates just like a tractor
Hydraulic dump bed
Good operator space
Good resale value
Perfect addition to any farm
Love my RTV-X1100C. My two atv's are sitting in the shed ignored because everyone wants to use the RTV.

Only downside is it's not fast enough for my turbo 1000 UTV friends. So I trail ride by myself in comfort now. LOL

Then I get home from a day of trail riding and put a DROP of fuel into it, instead of 5 gallons.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #34  
Love my RTV-X1100C. My two atv's are sitting in the shed ignored because everyone wants to use the RTV.

Only downside is it's not fast enough for my turbo 1000 UTV friends. So I trail ride by myself in comfort now. LOL

Then I get home from a day of trail riding and put a DROP of fuel into it, instead of 5 gallons.
My RTV-XG850 drinks gas like there's no tomorrow. I can burn in a day what my golf cart used to take 6 months to consume.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #35  
If you want farm/acreage utility vehicle you could look at the Mahindra Roxor. They have started sales again in the U. S. Lots of options to deck them out, Mahindra dealer support, diesel engine, and they don’t look to complicated to work on if you so choose.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #36  
My RTV-XG850 drinks gas like there's no tomorrow. I can burn in a day what my golf cart used to take 6 months to consume.
How many miles do you normally get to a tank? I can get about 60 out of my gas Polaris's.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #37  
How many miles do you normally get to a tank? I can get about 60 out of my gas Polaris's.

Wow! How big is your fuel tank? I can easily get 150 miles out of my Can-am Defender but then it has a 10.5 gallon tank.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #38  
Wow! How big is your fuel tank? I can easily get 150 miles out of my Can-am Defender but then it has a 10.5 gallon tank.
around 40 miles on about 6-7 gallons

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV.
I can build out an RTV 520 with full cab, heat, plow, and winch for well under 20K, but it worried me that it's only 17hp. Seems woefully underpowered for my needs.

I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube, and it seems like quite a few people like their Ranger 570s. I always wrote Polaris off due to the horror stories, but maybe not. The new 570 can even be had in the Northstar edition which is appealing as well.

/ Looking for a work capable and light recreational UTV. #40  
I can build out an RTV 520 with full cab, heat, plow, and winch for well under 20K, but it worried me that it's only 17hp. Seems woefully underpowered for my needs.

I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube, and it seems like quite a few people like their Ranger 570s. I always wrote Polaris off due to the horror stories, but maybe not. The new 570 can even be had in the Northstar edition which is appealing as well.
I guess the real questions are how soon do you need it, and what is actually available. Seems anything with a computer chip is on long delays for new equipment.

Some five year old cars are selling for more than their original sticker price. A few older cars are selling for four or five times their original sticker price. There seems to be a similar level of crazy for tractors. So, a similar market condition in the ATV/UTV arena wouldn’t be a surprise. One local ATV/UTV/Motorcycle shop has about 20% of the inventory they normally have, and their prices are up considerably. The other local just pain doesn’t have any new inventory of ATV/UTV or sleds. He has quite a few accessories such as trailers, ATV/UTV towed trailers, racks, etc. But no new, and very few used things with motors.