Looking for a lab pup

/ Looking for a lab pup #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
Would consider a young dog. Dog or *****, doesn't matter.
Somewhere in the North East. Willing to drive.

I looked "on line", 'can't make anything out of it.

/ Looking for a lab pup #2  
FYI We have Lab puppies out here. They are not "puppy mill" puppies. Yellow, black, brown - $700. To get them registered - an extra $100. Occasionally there will be a silver/grey puppy - $900. There are a couple breeders up north of me.

Just to give you an idea of our local costs.

/ Looking for a lab pup #3  
Have you checked Pet Finder? You can specify your location, breed, age, and the distance you're willing to travel. You get a lot of mixed breeds in the results, so you have to manually ignore those, if they are in acceptable.

Dogs for Adoption Near Randolph, VT | Petfinder

/ Looking for a lab pup #4  
If you're not looking for some fancy pedigree, consider adopting one.

We have 4, all rescue dogs.

They are great dogs.

/ Looking for a lab pup #5  
Last time I went to ASPCA shelter - they had NO dogs, only cats. I've had Lab's ( two ) out here. Great dogs for way out in the country. Got to keep a close watch on them though. Coyotes & porcupines - curiosity, not only the undoing of cats.

/ Looking for a lab pup #6  
If you want a good dog go to the AKC website and you can find professional breeders there for any breed you want. We just had to have our 13 year old Chocolate Lab put down a couple of weeks ago. They are great dogs. I may try and find an English Lab this time around if and when I'm ready for another. English Labs get a lot bigger but then again their life span is shorter. Good luck

/ Looking for a lab pup #7  
Correction to Post#2. I just checked local Lab puppies at the AKC web site. Local Lab puppies are going from $1200 to $1400.

I would visit the local ASPCA facility before spending that kind of money. Any dog I have out here may/may not be registered but certainly not a show dog.

/ Looking for a lab pup #8  
If you want a good dog go to the AKC website and you can find professional breeders there for any breed you want. We just had to have our 13 year old Chocolate Lab put down a couple of weeks ago. They are great dogs. I may try and find an English Lab this time around if and when I'm ready for another. English Labs get a lot bigger but then again their life span is shorter. Good luck

We rescued a 3 year old English Lab (pure white) thru Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida, about 10 years ago.
He was solid as an ox, with comparatively short legs,...built like a tank!.
An absolutely wonderful animal, but he died just 5 days short of his 11th birthday.

We went without a dog for a year, and then bought ($1,100) a white (yellow) Lab puppy.
At 15 months, "Sadie" is still learning to be a good girl, and like all Labs, she is 100% sweet!

We were too old to wait for the right rescue to com along again.
It was time to buy a puppy, and we are not at all sorry that we did!

/ Looking for a lab pup #9  
Seems everything in the shelters around KC are either Pit Bull or Pit Bull/ MIX with something else. No thanks

/ Looking for a lab pup #10  
Here is a link to the AKC website to search for puppies.

Another option is to look up any kennel clubs near you. They can put you in touch with member breeders. If a breeder near you does not have pups available right now, most will gladly put you in touch with kennels that do.

Good luck. Hope you find a great dog!